Mk IV Male

2 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Well, I was a little surprised, I thought the Whippet was a medium tank, and it's as big as the Marks. Or are they not of the same scale?

Medium in terms of armament (just machine guns) and armour - it was also faster than the 'heavies'

• Like 1

If you can call 8mph top speed faster that is.  With two engines, one per track it must have been he$$ inside there, noise, heat and fumes.  They needed 4 machine guns to hit anything with all of the shaking going on.

Weathering looks really good on both and that Male is a tedious build isn't it?

Take care,

Lloyd

9 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Weathering looks really good on both and that Male is a tedious build isn't it?

Take care,

Lloyd

Yeah, so tedious I built the other side without all the interior gubbins - much faster leaving off the stuff you can't see. The track links are only cemented on to the runners as well (5 pieces per link?!!) - it's not as though I was planning to push it along the display shelf anyway.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Regards

J A

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, excellently finished. The Whippet is surprisingly big. (Did the Accurate Armour one).

I've just got the Meng Mk V Female tank shaped. There's a small amount of interior detailing but I didn't bother with it as it's closed up. The tracks are 1 piece links that click together. :)

Pete

• Like 1

Buzby

I've built the Meng Male and Female and yes those tracks click together and then promptly fall apart when you try to move them let alone install them.

Both sets on my two models have generous amounts of Tamiya Extra Thin.  I think the tracks on the Takom versions are much better but have never tried them, and probably won't.

Otherwise they are fine models but the Male has a detailed interior that will never see the light of day, too bad.

Good luck.

Take care,

Lloyd

Johnny sorry to hijack but those Meng tracks really irritated me and the dummy did two sets.

• Like 2

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, FrancisGL said:

Well, I was a little surprised, I thought the Whippet was a medium tank, and it's as big as the Marks. Or are they not of the same scale?
Nice couple.
:D

Cheers mate

Same here, I thought it was  more JCB sized.

• Like 1