Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Vince1159

What have you purchased 8

1,050 posts in this topic

The Photoburner curse has struck again @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies. I'm just seeing the '3rd Party Hosting Usage' pic.

Posted (edited)

I wish like heck you guys would stop buying these things.

20170629_202021_zpssopx5ose.jpg

They're EVIL. ;):D

The last couple of days I've bought  a couple of Airfix Wildcats, a F4F-4 off our version of Amazon, namely Mighty Ape, good price of course & after reading "The Cactus Airforce", keen to do the Guadalcanal version , plus the Airfix Wildcat starter set from Jadlam via our local auction site, also a killer deal, same price as the standard kit, & both less than NZ$20.00 including post, thats good for us. :)

I also stumped up for a Modeldecal #115, from Aus via ebay, not such a killer deal but try searching for these & find how many you come up with.  &, delivered yesterday from Abebooks was Ian Thirsk's, "DH Mosquito, the illustrated history vol 2", an important book to me as on page 236 is a photo of my uncle's aircraft taking off on the mission from which he & his pilot did not return.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
speeling & punktilashun
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Gorbygould said:

The Photoburner curse has struck again @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies. I'm just seeing the '3rd Party Hosting Usage' pic.

Yep just read the change in use. I won't be giving them any money after having suffered such appalling slow service putting up with so many pop up adverts.

I just haven't got the time to sit redirecting photos from old threads though. Pity. I liked looking back at them.

4 people like this

I switched from PB a short while ago after getting stuck in one of those eternal loops.

Now with Flickr and no probs.

Simon.

No photos cos I use Photobucket [but obviously changing to someone else for photo hosting] but youse all know what the box looks like

1/24 Typhoon 1b, [bubble hood]

and 1/32 Ford 3 Litre GT starter set

Bought last weekend in Jadlam's sale, and with extra discount too

2 people like this

I take it another kit brought in under the cover of darkness?

And some make up for HD Judy and Buttercup too.

Simon.

1 person likes this

Razor blades.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Gorbygould said:

Luckily my B-29 album on Photobugger only had 3 images in it so I swapped it to another host.

3 people like this

Peewit masks for the Fulmar (finally! now do the Firefly), and PZL.37.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Darby said:

Razor blades.

I've ordered a six bladed razor, thereby giving me five more chances to cut myself.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Beard said:

I've ordered a six bladed razor, thereby giving me five more chances to cut myself.

Six?! Ruddy hell! That's like razor roulette.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Darby said:

Six?! Ruddy hell! That's like razor roulette.

I can make a complete mess of my face with one blade, I'll need a blood transfusion with six.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 01/07/2017 at 9:40 AM, Beard said:

I can make a complete mess of my face with one blade, I'll need a blood transfusion with six.

Nah, it'll be too busy clogging with whiskers to actually cut you. Imho, 3 was a good number to stop at.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
Spelling
2 people like this

9 hours ago, Beard said:

Are you trying to make us five bladers feel inadequate?

Incidentally, I had my first five blade shave yesterday. I was a pitiful four blader before then.

So, are we in for a user-name change? 'Clean-shaven' perhaps or 'The Artist Formerly Known as Beard', or 'Smooth as a babies b...' maybe not.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Beard said:

That horrible feeling when you know you've just nicked your skin, especially under the septum.

Oh, nearly forgot; my latest purchase, a pair of Regatta walking shoes and a fishing reel. Both from Go Outdoors with massive discounts. Picked up my model purchases from sorting office and had one delivered today. All in differing boxes.

(For those interested in the cardboard boxes they came in to establish what type they were PM me soonest as they will be flattened).

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Darby said:

That horrible feeling when you know you've just nicked your skin, especially under the septum.

Speak for yourself, I only shave my face.

5 hours ago, Darby said:

Oh, nearly forgot; my latest purchase, a pair of Regatta walking shoes

My latest purchase is also shoes, a pair of Clarks' suede lace-up boots and a pair of Clarks' suede Chelsea boots.

Edited by Beard
to correct the spelling of a well-known shoe manufacturer.
4 people like this

New bow for the lad and a new set of stabilisers for me.

Ouch, that was expensive.

Wales Archery has a lot to answer for!

Rick.

1 hour ago, Rick Brown said:

a new set of stabilisers for me.

Rick.

How many years have you had that bike now?

5 people like this

I'm out of 'likes' again. 

I feel that there will be derision and persecution. But I bought a 32 year old (1985) Volvo 240GL (2,3 litre).

Here she is, including sprained left bonnet hinge:

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

This is my third 200 series Volvo. I realise that I'm in a minority (beyond Sweden and maybe North America), that just adore these indestructible, boxy, childhood drawing cars.

My second one here in Oz genuinely saved Mrs. T's life when 'hoons' as they're called here, 'T-boned' her (also local language). If she had been in anything weaker, she really wouldn't be with us.

These bricks/tanks of cars have really grown on me. They're becoming very rare here (and maybe in the U.K.), and the prices for good ones are just beginning to go a little ballistic. This is a good one that just needs a bonnet hinge. Solid as a rock.

They're not as dull as they look. As Classic rally/drift cars they're rather marvellous. A turbo is easily fitted.

I have a new bonnet (hood) hinge and release cable. Everything else, including air conditioning and auto gearbox with overdrive, works. Very happy. Drives beautifully.

Trips to modelling shows and the seaside next :).

Best regards

TonyT

7 people like this

31 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I feel that there will be derision and persecution. But I bought a 32 year old (1985) Volvo 240GL (2,3 litre).

Personally, I think that's great (I avoided saying “ it's grrrrreeeeaaaat”, oh damn I didn't). I've been considering a similar move from my Skoda Octavia. It's nice to have all the up-to-the-minute gadgety bits, but when they go wrong…. :crying:

1 person likes this

£25 to repair a flat tyre in Kwik Fit. 😖

Trevor

1 person likes this

One bottle of Alcad 2 White primer / filler.

In a plastic bottle I may add, at least I can see if it is mixed OK.

Simon.

1 person likes this

Just put an order in for this;

tgm4629_0_1490077781.jpg?v=1490077781

2 people like this

2 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I bought a 32 year old (1985) Volvo 240GL (2,3 litre).

A classic. As advertised in 'Crazy People':

4 people like this