Greetings from Bracknell, England!!

Mikehool

Yet another new member for the forum.  I have been modelling again for the last couple of years after a couple of decades away.  Originally I was exclusively modern jet but as time has gone on my tastes and interests have become much more historic and now a lover of all military aircraft and armour from all over the world during the 20th century.

I have a mix bag of successes with learning techniques as I do not have the steadiest of hands but I am gradually getting there.  Currently on the bench are the M3A3 Bradley, Dornier DO.17, A7V, and a Mirage 2000N.  My greatest successes to date have been a British Mk.IV, King Tiger, and an Avro Lancaster from the BBMF.  Certainly find aircraft less forgiving to get right.

Anyway looking forward to lots of chats and posts 

Hi Mike. 

Welcome to the forum. Like you most of us have returned to the hobby after a 'little' break. I'm just down the road in Egham. If they are of any interest to you your nearest model clubs are Farnborough and West Middlesex in Laleham. I'm not sure about in Berkshire. Anyway welcome again and I look forward to seeing your work in the future. 

1 hour ago, Mikehool said:

I have toyed with the idea of the Farnborough club.  Problem I have is as I am a shift worker my evenings are limited and two young children don't help!!!  Still I am not ruling it out.

You are in a similar position as me. I have not managed to get to the Farnborough club for nearly a year because of my little ones. Are you a Heathrow worker? I'm at BA.

It would be great if you could make it to the Farnborough Club nights if you could. We're a friendly bunch. If you do make it, make yourself known to me and I'll buy you a pint (or a cup of tea) at the bar. That's one of the Chairman's duties :D

We meet on the second Monday of every month.

Next meeting is Monday, 13 March.

4 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

It would be great if you could make it to the Farnborough Club nights if you could. We're a friendly bunch. If you do make it, make yourself known to me and I'll buy you a pint (or a cup of tea) at the bar. That's one of the Chairman's duties :D

We meet on the second Monday of every month.

Next meeting is Monday, 13 March.

Eric might be an idea to tell the man where we meet. I don't know you just can't get the staff nowadays.

18 hours ago, snapper_city said:

You are in a similar position as me. I have not managed to get to the Farnborough club for nearly a year because of my little ones. Are you a Heathrow worker? I'm at BA.

Emergency services worker

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chris57 said:

Eric might be an idea to tell the man where we meet. I don't know you just can't get the staff nowadays.

It was deliberate.

I've been gently chastised here for over promoting IPMS Farnborough so I am a bit reluctant to provide links etc. That's why I initially didn't provide any further details.

I'll make an exception this once - 

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/