Update,

primed in white stynylrez, couple areas tided up with some 2400 mesh. 

image.jpg

On with the ts26. Sprayed straight decanted with a 0.5mm needle. Wasn't trying to get a wet coat, just build up the colour. When working with a wet coat I always seem to get fluff. 

image.jpg

Now for the finishing touch.  A slow wet colour coat takes too long for me and chances are dust will land.

So to get a decent shine I do one coat thinned 50/50 with levelling thinner, then the last coat is all thinner. Nice and fast pass all over to get it under the cover of a box quickly, to prevent dust. The last coat of leveling thinner melts the last layers together and smooths it all out. Takes some practice, done this on a few builds now.  Please practice at getting the paint to look wet before trying on your best kit. Too much thinner and you make all your paint run off. (Ask me how I know) 

image.jpg

And then we have this, nice and shiny. Can see the double led strip lights in my spray booth. 

image.jpg

Right its off to the airing cupboard for a couple weeks to harden up! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Chassis plate done last night. 

White was painted same time as the body, concentrating on the areas that would be white mainly. 

These were then masked off and the whole thing done in x18 tamiya satin black. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Decals on! Impressed with the fit of the black one over the all chrome grill to make it look hollow and the 'false bottom' white piece that goes inside the chin of the grill too. Those metal mobils were a nightmare though :( 

Also touched in all the little bolts with x32 ti silver enamel. 

If its warm enough on the weekend then it will have some gunze mr top coat gloss from a rattle can 👍🏿

Then the satin black window trim etc can be painted with x18 satin black enamel once thats cured & been polished up. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not touched any of the interior/running gear yet...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Decals sealed! 

Was warm enough on sunday to use a rattle can...

New to me is this mr top coat. (Gloss)

Safe for use over 'slide marks' (that's decals to you and I) as it's waterbased - No solvents. 

Very very impressed. 

One dust coat followed by three wet coats. Really easy to use, went in real close and slow to get the wet coats. Placed in a plastic tub inbetween coats.

No runs, sagging or anything. It can look quite thick/milky and even 'fizzy' when first on. But shrinks back when it dries to a real tight and smooth finish with no orange peel or anything. 

Not as deep a gloss as what I've seen with 2k, but its more than good enough for me considering cost and ease of application. I'd never get that good of a finish airbrushing a clear coat. 

Used most of the can (£5)

Here are some pics. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That dappled light effect is the reflection of the net curtains in the window!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking 👍🏿

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Just caught up with this, a truly stunning looking body shell

Roger

Thanks mate :) 

A couple of dodgy areas though that I wont point out ;)

Will be better once some of the detail are done, needs the satin black around all the windows etc. And then a dark grey wash in all the shut lines etc. 

Will be starting all the chassis bits on the weekend hopefully... 

• 2 weeks later...

Some chassis bits. 

Using tamiya enamels for the specified colours as the acrylic versions are very 'grainy'

They were sprayed straight onto the plastic with lacquer thinners, which is another good thing about enamels. 

First, 

Matt alumnium gives a nice finish for the wheels, which I imagine would be machined from forged billet in real life?

image.jpg

Chrome silver for discs. Almost looks white when it reflects the light. Lovely. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

The discs then had gold and titanium gold brush painted on for the calipers and bells respectively. All ready for some little logo decals now. 

image.jpg

More soon. The interior is being decalled too 👍🏿

• Like 1

Some more progress made. 

Body has had all the shut lines done with a deep grey panel wash. Not cleaned off yet in pic. More than enough contrast against the white. (Black was too strong for this, tried it first)

Also, the first coat on door sills done with x18 enamel.

image.jpg

Wheels about done. Used the tire decals. Still on the fence about them. 

Anyways, some grime and brake dust added - brownish grey wash. Wheel nuts done in titianium silver and then red/blue for sides. Had a wash on the nuts too to bring out details. 

image.jpg

Brakes had same treatment after ap logo decals  were sealed. 

image.jpg

Wheel had blue trim and then some primary colour buttons. Clear red in LCD strips too. 

Other bits like pedals and wiper in a mix of flat and satin blacks. 

Sliver brushed carefully on fuel fillers. 

image.jpg

Seat was done in a gloss dark grey, decalled then flat coated. Sides brushed in x18 satin black enamel. Pipes in titanium silver with black inside and a grime wash. 

image.jpg

Thats all for now!

• Like 1

Progress - 

- exhausts installed 

- wing on

- lights in

- filler plate and tow hook done

- tiny triangular diffuser(?) plates behind front wheels added. 

- black sills painted. (Took three thin coats to cover the gloss white, 2 enamel with acrylic final one)

- front lower grill in (mesh to be added still. 

Body is just dry fitted on to check fit before glass goes in. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers 👍🏿

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tone1980 said:

Great work man :D

quite different looking car to the standard SC.... I can't help but think that they might have sold a few more if they looked like this! :lol:

True that mate...

When I remembered/google imaged what the standard car was like I was shocked! 

• Like 1

Some of the interior before its shut away for good..!

image.jpg

image.jpg

RFI will be on Monday hopefully. 

Meanwhile it will be on the Darlington club stand at the north east model show on Sunday 4th June. 

Thanks for looking.