Nerf Mega Magnus

Just before christmas i bought a couple of Nerf guns for work, as you do. Everything was going great until my colleague said to me, “Lets paint em”. Well - i didn’t need any encouragement. So i set about taking it apart (take photos of this process otherwise your gun aint going to work again) throwing on some black primer and then painting the separate parts in vallejo metal colours. And finished off with some dry brushing and wash. (i think some rub n buff would be great for this process) Like i said, this was at christmas so it has taken a battering since then, and the pictures don't really do it justice, but i hope you enjoy them. All comments and critique very, very welcome.

Nerf-_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Simon

Edited by Orangesherbert
  • Like 7

It's the old Realistic Immitation Firearm nonsense, isn't it?  Happily though, it doesn't look like a folding walking stick, so you might be ok ;)

3 minutes ago, Orangesherbert said:

They do a DL44?! Why did I not know this. I am toying with getting a doopy doo resin kit. 

Not massively realistic however :(  They've had to extend the mag well to accomodate the Nerf mechanism, and the sight is top-mounted, and racks with the slide to reload the puffer mechanism, or whatever magick they use to propel the darts out.

You might want to re-paint the tips of the barrel blaze red so some dope doesn't think it's a real gun :doh:

3 minutes ago, Orangesherbert said:

I am toying with getting a doopy doo resin kit. 

Have you seen my 3D printed one that "a friend" did for me?  There's a thread in the Sci-Fi section where you can see some of the bits :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Very creative.

However, at the risk of being joining on the "Thought Police" bandwagon, is there a danger that you have made them a little bit too realistic particularly to the casual observer ?

You are supposed to put a bit of Orange tape round the muzzle so the thought police don't get them muddled up with real guns. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colin said:

You;ll have to make it very very bright and then there's not saying your safe, didn't they just tasser a blind man because they thought his folded cain he was holding looked like a firearm

Yeah - Greater Manchester Police Firearms officers jolted some poor blind guy who was standing waiting for a train with a fold-up cane because it "looked like a gun".  The Met did it on the London tube a few years back too. :shrug: