1/24 Revell Porsche 918 Spyder

infofrog

33 minutes ago, PZRGREN said:

Looking good so i will follow along.   Whats the purple pond liquid consist of?

Here in the US . I get this Super Clean  cleaner at Walmart in auto area . I buy gallon for less than 10 dollars . I mix cleaner cup to 1/2 gallon of water . Plus its great cleaner for around the house 

Rick 

https://www.superclean.com/products/superclean-cleaner-degreaser/

• Like 1

That is a really pretty little car. I have been eyeing this one up on Hiroboy for some months. However, I think that if I buy any more kits, the wife will kill me...

I will just have to enjoy this one vicariously. Pulling up a seat to watch.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 2

Alan I understand . One thing about this kit is the price . Also its a super nice Revell kit . Highly recommend this one . Revell did a great job 

I have the front end almost finished .

Enjoy

Rick 

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

• Like 3

I have the wheels finished. First I striped the factory chrome . Next prime, Tamiya Black mixed with Tamiya clear to gloss it up . Then applied one coat Alclad Chrome . I like the effect .

Enjoy

DSC_0052.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Flipper said:

Looking good mate. I've swig here's wither to buy this kit for a while, so I'll be watching your build closely. Saying that I've already bought a set of aftermarket Porsche 918 wheels for it.

The aftermarket wheel , I seen look very nice . I use to buy a lot aftermarket parts , but stop when it  got out of control . The parts were costing me 3 time or more than the model itself . 

But for this kit being cheap , I would upgrade the wheels . 

I really think Revell did a great job of this kit . Even for the price . Can't be beat 

Rick 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...