This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Bangor Lad

Bangor Lad's Boatyard

Bangor Lad    571
Posted (edited)

Not had much time for modelling lately but I've been able to get some work done on the Meng Models Lexington.

DSCF3955.jpg

Although the hull isn't finished yet I wanted to get her on her base and make a start on the sea. Plenty still to do but this is a great exercise to get in some practice.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Bangor Lad

Bangor Lad    571

Had a few minutes to add some texture to the base this morning. The texture is a mixture of two types of Galeria gel. One is a smooth structure gel whereas the other has a fine grit in it. This I think gives a good surface if you're trying to represent a wind ruffled finish. It was quite wet when I took the photos but it dries fairly clear. 

DSCF3967.jpg

DSCF3961.jpg

Looking forward to getting on with some weathering.

Cheers

Bangor Lad    571

I wasn't too happy with the finish on the sea so I added a layer of Galeria Structure Gel to smooth it out a little.

IMG_2788.jpg

It will probably need one two more coats to even it out a little more before I can add the wake etc.

Bangor Lad    571

Had a chance to do a little more to the Lexington.

DSCF2038.jpg

Applied a very thin dark wash to begin bringing out some of the details. Next steps will be some highlighting on the raised detail then it will on to the flightdeck and the air group. Hope to be able to move on to the seascape then we'll nearly be there!

Cheers

Bangor Lad    571

Lexington is now finished. I've posted some photos on the Maritime RFI

Cheers

Bangor Lad    571

Completed most of the painting using Lifecolor paints. Detail painting now to be done.

image.jpg