1/72 HASEGAWA BOEING B-47E STRATOJET

adey m

140110-F-TD816-009

Showing a new crew member the electrical circuit breakers ................U.S. Air Force Senior is sitting on the navigator's seat in the navigator's compartment in the nose.............I'm never going to remember all this Dad.............

b47-2

Three crew crouching on the crawl way as photographed from the navigator's position in the nose. Back of navigator's seat is on left and blanking off curtain on top right. Pilots' cockpit is top left.

afw013022.jpg?w=950&h=1195

A good detailed view of the crew entry hatch and ladder.

Thanks to Jari.

Edited by adey m
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Bendinggrass said:

This is one of the most beautiful planes ever built.

Considering that the SAC trend prior to this was leading to something the size of a Polaris submarine with wings (and near as many crew), the sleek, compact Stratojet was a Corvette among Kenworths!  Watching the scene in Strategic Air Command where the thing is first revealed to B-36 jock 'Dutch' Holland, well...was he gobsmacked enough:surprised:

• Like 1

new_runway-copy.jpg

B-47 landing at RAF Chelveston.

B - 47, in 1956, ( Thanks Bill )

B-47 taking-off at RAF Chelveston.

Edited by adey m
  • Like 3

resized_09108ef2-be78-47aa-939f-dd31bb45

Well guys, after a bracing walk around the Marine Drive I managed to do some more to the Stratojet yesterday.

I have fabricated the pilots' instrument panels and the panels for the electrics black boxes.

Note the cut-outs in the panels to accommodate the steering columns when they were pushed right forward.

resized_f8e7da4a-174d-468e-8d14-6b76f432

I trial fit the panels by fixing them in position with Blu Tac and then clipping the fuselage halves together...............tweaking and fettling them until they fit squarely.

resized_9aa73ae4-42f9-4ee2-bf19-ee292a2c

The pilots's panels held temporarily in place by Blu Tac during trial fitting.

resized_81908084-74ac-44f2-be54-19a610ef

Taping up the fuselage halves to check the fit of the pilots's panels. It also gives a good idea about how much of the interior will be visible when the model is closed up.

Edited by adey m
  • Like 9

resized_411ce964-253f-4865-8b07-19ffbbd6

Very thin plastic card marked out to the panel shape and then the instruments drilled out.

resized_d5c5b3fd-afbc-49e7-b717-b1860c7e

Then these were liquid glued in place onto a black plastic background.

Edited by adey m
  • Like 11

I share the same taste as you Adey, you build the stuff I have waiting to build. Are you going to Hinckley this weekend? Would love to see some more of your creations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Radleigh said:

I share the same taste as you Adey, you build the stuff I have waiting to build. Are you going to Hinckley this weekend? Would love to see some more of your creations.

Hi Radleigh, I won't be at Hinckley unfortunately.  Our next Club day out will be at Darlington in April.

All the Best

Adrian

• Like 1

resized_942c60de-4df7-40fc-bf16-19c257e6

Here are the pilot and copilot flying panels ready for installing and painting. The lever was for operating the flaps.

• Like 10

On 06/03/2017 at 20:02, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I have the Frog boxing  of the B47E along with Flightpath's RB-47H conversion as well the Pavla's up grades plus some aftermarket decals to boot - I'll be watching this with huge interest.

Ahh FROG.........yours will be in a hard dark silver plastic then........................with that inspiring box art on the front ..........you will probably need new decals though

cheers, Adrian

resized_0067eafe-e44e-47a2-ab57-9e391d2a

Pilots's panels now installed. Electrical black boxes racks taking shape.

resized_d948b45b-bb53-4926-b768-dc70cc63

resized_c3185ea4-ea68-4382-911a-a643af2c

resized_0e165b09-34df-4cfd-bfa8-3b728544

resized_9e0fac69-5baa-4dab-b8d2-7b753c4e

Edited by adey m
  • Like 4

Thanks Ed for those interior photos. The cockpit in those top two has been well stripped out.

Notice the turntable in the bottom picture on which the co-pilot's seat swivelled round so he could operate the remote controlled tail guns.

I think I am going to have fun with all those greens...................

cheers,  Adrian

Edited by adey m