T-54B

jjlain

Hello

First thing I've posted in two years (or something like that), first thing I've finished in a long time and my first armour model since my early teen years :)

So, this is Trumpeter's T-54B in 1/72, straight out of the box. I had great difficulties with the tracks, they really don't take regular modeling glue, or superglue, or anything.. I really have no idea what they're made of. Painted with Xtracrylics, LifeColor, Gunze and Citadel, with brush. No flat lacquer on it, sorry about that.

-JWP_20170224_20_13_45_Pro__highres_zpsktgWP_20170224_20_13_15_Pro__highres_zpsyobWP_20170224_20_12_33_Pro__highres_zpsfih

• Like 11

I'm guessing you may have painted the tracks before glueing them?  :hmmm:

Trumpeter tracks glue very well with ordinary CA if they are not painted, if they are.....Well you know already!  :rolleyes:

Looks like you beat them in the end though.  B)

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm guessing you may have painted the tracks before glueing them?  :hmmm:

Trumpeter tracks glue very well with ordinary CA if they are not painted, if they are.....Well you know already!  :rolleyes:

Looks like you beat them in the end though.  B)

Thanks for the comments :)

Actually I didn't paint them before gluing. In the end I think I'll have to blame the CA-glue itself, when you buy the cheapest you get the cheapest, I guess. Really runny and diluted-feeling stuff. The left side track broke and is patched up with paper strips and CA, don't wanna show that side ;)

J