Breguet 19.8 - any photos?

JWM

Hi,

I am gathering photos and any suggestions or infos for construction of Breguet 19.8 - the late variant of Breguet XIX with different wings (with rounded tips) and Wrigth Cyclone engine. There is a resin kit by Omega http://modelimex.eu/1-72-breguet-19-8-yugoslavia-croatia , but I would like to know more details before start work on model. On a poor quality two photos I have already I noticed landing lights below lower wings, for instance. In different drawing the Towden ring is either of constant chord either with reduced  chord at the bottom. This variant was in use by RYAF in 1941 and later by Croatia (below painting scheme). Any help will be appreciated.

5-2.jpg

Cheers

J-W

In Krakow you have all these mentioned AirEnthusiast volumes available at the Polish Aviation Museum Library - Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 15:00

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Jun many thanks for photos. They are great! 

Mike and Ed - thanks I will look for those Air Enthusiasts 

Ley - if you can PM this article...

Many thanks again for help!

Cheers

J-W

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at those photos above I have feeling that Breg XIX diriven by Cyclone must had some horizontal stability problems solved by enlargement of fin and rudder. For me they are a bit higher. Interesting are also additional veritcal surfaces shown on one of above photos of 19.8, however on later shot of Croatian one there are no such surfaces, but the fin looks still a bit higher. This is also in in figures from Air Enthusiast published on this web page

http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/thread/1262942637/Breguet+XIX+planos....

Is it my illusion or it was like that indeed. Anybody know it for sur, maybe?

Cheers

J-W