Polish F-16CJ “Block 52” - 2015 Tiger Meet

This was built for the F-16 STGB and is the first of the “Tiger Meet” aircraft I will be building. I wanted something different for this GB (which is normal for me) and I didn’t want to really build an a typical Grey F-16. Well she is still grey but I just fell in love with the colour scheme. The scheme is all painted using masks from Model Maker, which were such a breeze to use.  Walkway lines and ATA reference lines were masked an painted as well.

She is represented here well after the 2015 Tiger Meet in a load out she has been seen flying with (AIM-9x’s are a bit of artistic license and actually belong to the forthcoming F-16CK). I so enjoyed doing this scheme that there are a couple more Tiger Meet aircraft to be built this year, with even more planned in the future.

Please enjoy, thank you.

Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ Block 50

Paint: Mr Hobby & Ammo MIG Acrylic (main), Tamiya & Mr Hobby Acrylics, Model Master Metalizer Lacquers,

Extra stuff:

Aries F-16C Block 50/52 Cockpit

Aries – F-16C/D Block 52 Exhaust Nozzle

Model Maker – Polish F-16CNATO Tiger Meet 2015 Mask set

Wolfpack – F-16C Dragchute Housing

Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ Block 32/52 ”Thunderbirds” ……… don’t ask!

Build Link: build link

DSCF4534_zpsjzqkgzp9.jpg

DSCF4519_zpsirhoabph.jpg

DSCF4522_zpsjzdpe9rm.jpg

DSCF4523_zpsozp6kvyt.jpg

DSCF4525_zps6hngps4u.jpg

DSCF4526_zps4rerc3cj.jpg

DSCF4527_zpss2xeljcy.jpg

DSCF4528_zpsx9nmhwwn.jpg

DSCF4530_zpsf4xrzvdr.jpgDSCF4536_zpsr3zfl1ud.jpg

DSCF4538_zpsmihtmrdj.jpg

DSCF4541_zpsxjbbpmkb.jpg

• Like 46

Oh, my. This is bad, very bad. Having just sold all my F-16 kits, you made me want to order another. Stunning model, great finish on your part. I can see why you fell in love with this scheme. Now you're making me love it as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich G said:

Lovely build, a nice looking F-16 in a cool scheme.

Is the streaking and staining done with oils or some other method?

Rich

thanks, the streaking was done using Tamiya's Weathering Master, it's sort of like eye shadow, I think it's a type of pastel and you apply with a small soft pad. I like using it because it's quite easy to buildup the shading/streaking you want and it can be quite subtle. I've never tried oils, they sort of scare me!

Tamiya Weathering Master

• Like 1