Fw190 A-8 Eduard 1/72

Hi all,

this is Eduard's Fw190, out of the box, using the supplied decals. I got this after building the Airfix A-8, which I really liked the look of when finished.

I'm using the same hangar (last time, promise!) A great kit, nicely detailed that fell together-recommended...(still not sure if I prefer the look of the Airfix though!)

2wntxr5.jpg

5kou2u.jpg

2el9vrd.jpg

6xuc1y.jpg

25s1v00.jpg

1zpgx1w.jpg

2zqrkwl.jpg

2w4l5hf.jpg

30c4miv.jpg

9qfxuf.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2wntxr5.jpg[/IMG

Thanks for watching..   

cheers, Dave

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 23

Mike,Polo,Dave,Celt,Steve- thanks very much for the kind replies.

16 hours ago, Mikemx said:

It looks good but how come you prefer the look of the Airfix kit? The Eduard one is far more accurate - even the early 1990's Hasegawa Fw190 is more accurate (and better engineered) than the Airfix kit.

thanks

Mike 

Not really sure Mike... it could just be that I think my build of the Airfix one came out better(imo)- or maybe the scheme is a little more pleasing to my eye. The Eduard is certainly a more technically advanced kit, and I'm sure is more accurate (I wouldn't know tbh !) though I find something a little "blocky/clunky" about it-and I didn't warm to the fact they moulded the distinctive engine vents in the closed position- an area that allowed for a little extra realism on the Airfix kit.

15 hours ago, polo1112 said:

Looks pretty good for me!!!

But your hangar looks interesting too.

If I may ask, how did you build it?

Congratulations. Polo.  :clap2:

Thanks Polo- the hangar was pretty easy to make and is just some small gauge corrugated card that I got from an art supply shop, and thin card for the steel beams that I cut and folded. The windows are made from food packaging..

I've used this for my last three RFI's and I think it's time for a new one! ...

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 3

To me the Eduard one looks sleeker, like a racer and the Airfix looks more aggressive. Can't make a choice, both being superb. Why would you stop using this nice hangar for your pics? Your models just seem to feel at home there :wow:.

Edited by PattheCat
  • Like 1

Hi Pat- thanks for the comment mate. The Eduard is obvs a more detailed, technically advanced kit but there's something about the Airfix 190's lack of eye watering detail that also looks ..to scale, and helps to create the reality illusion I like in 1/72 ( if that makes sense??..:huh:lol )

cheers, Dave