Swedish Vampire, Airfix 1/72

Avereda

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-29 at 9:42 PM, Grandboof said:

Looking Good 

Martin H

On 2017-6-3 at 11:47 AM, DAG058 said:

Nice paintwork @Avereda, I like that a lot. 

Thank you both. The next issue was the addition of dayglo markings. I didn't put enough white under coat on before adding Vallejo Fluorescent Red so the finish isn't great. As I'm starting to run out of time I think I'll put on one more dayglo coat and then varnish and decal so I can make the finishing line.

Don't let the photo fool you, the coverage on the wings is nowhere near as good in reality, the problem can probably be seen better on the booms.

35188908421_e27c487452_b.jpg

• Like 1

Dayglo done. Well, as much as it's going to be done. I thought I might push on a bit further this weekend but the weather has ended up slowing me down. A few scratches and a bit of bleed to sort out and then I can press on, it looks like a undignified scramble for the finishing line now.

Not too dissatisfied with the dayglo but the nose ring doesn't bear too close an inspection.

35344930846_08663b5386_b.jpg

• Like 1

Running close to the wire, might just make it though. Main markings are on and some of the stencils, I had a slight decal meets water spillage incident (see below) which threatened to knock things off course.

Gig tonight but not a late one thankfully, so tomorrow - coat or two of Humbrol Clear, undercarriage on, limited weathering, two coats of matt varnish and it's done.

34695616223_a076b437a6_b.jpg

35374713091_43764cc607_b.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grandboof said:

The end in sight Looking forward to the finish

Martin H

Thanks Martin, somewhat to my own surprise I managed to do everything I said I was going to do and the end result is below. Gallery shots will go up after some food and a stiff drink.

34717094443_2f3fc62da0_b.jpg

• Like 6

I just caught up with this.

A really nice colour scheme. You've made a great looking model here. Very smart and the dayglo looks very good..

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Thanks for all the kind comments, I was quite pleased until I looked at the other entries and realised I'd forgotten to put the undercarriage doors on. Never mind, once they're on I'll have something for the 2017 yearbook.