Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

SCAN0322

SB17

SCAN0321

SB17

SCAN0323

Lancaster PA447

SCAN0324

Beaufighter RD621

SCAN0324

 

SCAN0325

B25 Mitchell Empire navigation school. FR209? Printed back to front.

SCAN0326

127 sqn Mosquitos TK620 nearest.

SCAN0327

York MW304?

SCAN0328

Lincoln Empire armament school.

SCAN0329

Sunderland.

SCAN0330

Sad Sunderland!

SCAN0331

Valetta harbour.

SCAN0332

French B17 Bir Hachim on the nose.

SCAN0333

Brigand.

SCAN0334

Brigand x 2.

Hope you enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous and rare shots from what looks like a great collection - thanks for posting.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice and thank you for sharing!

 

Christian, exiled to africa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great selection of shots! Thanks for posting, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow,....more brilliant pics,....... especially as they were taken in Malta too!! Thanks for sharing them,

Cheers

            Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mitchell is indeed FR209, originally the UK's one and only B-25G but later refitted with a glass nose.  Think she outlasted her sisters in British service by a considerable margin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2017 at 10:51 AM, Seahawk said:

The Mitchell is indeed FR209, originally the UK's one and only B-25G but later refitted with a glass nose.  Think she outlasted her sisters in British service by a considerable margin.

 

Just catching up with this one - the RAF had two other B-25Gs, FR208 (also at AAEE) and 42-65094, which was used in the Middle east as a transport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice nostalgia pics.The Mitchell could be inspiration for the forthcoming Airfix kit. It seemsto have the early 'smaller rear fuselage like the  B,C D models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Nice nostalgia pics.The Mitchell could be inspiration for the forthcoming Airfix kit. It seemsto have the early 'smaller rear fuselage like the  B,C D models

 

The G was a C/D with the gun nose. This one was converted back to glass nose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

 

The G was a C/D with the gun nose. This one was converted back to glass nose

Cheers for that. Glad to see I wasn't seeing things.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VERY interesting pics.

Especially the B-17 rescue version. Thanks for taking the effort to share this with us.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so glad that you like them! It always seemed a shame that over the years these were seen by so few people. My dad noted that Brigand NI126 does not show in the serial numbers  published and although i have tte right book , I haven't checked it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Britman said:

 My dad noted that Brigand NI126 does not show in the serial numbers  published and although i have tte right book , I haven't checked it yet.

Correct: NI is not a valid serial prefix for any RAF aircraft.  That is a photo of ex-RH821 as sold to Pakistan as N1126.  The other one is presumably N1125 (ex RH820).  N1126 was returned to the RAF after evaluation, reserialled as WA560 and converted to a T.4.  N1125 didn't even make it to Pakistan: it was written off at Shaibah after the ferry pilot allowed it to swing on take-off, resulting in a collapsed undercarriage.  Looks as if British markings were retained for the ferry flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful photos. Malta was always a always a fantastic place for interesting stuff. On my first visit there I climbed out of a Canberra B.6 to find we were sharing the hard standing with a French Navy Neptune and an Italian Expediter. Later I did a tour there for 3 years. I even got to chat with Sheila Scott when she was flying Myth Three.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful and evocative photographs, thank you for sharing these. The Lincoln photo is a particular favourite.

 

Is the Beaufighter a target tug?

 

Best regards

TonyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Wo tnderful and evocative photographs, thank you for sharing these. The Lincoln photo is a particular favourite.

 

Is the Beaufighter a target tug?

 

Best regards

TonyT

Yes , THE Beaufighter is a target tug. I managed to post it twice and could not remove one! If you are not aware , I did post other photos from my dads collection at the same time around March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2017 at 8:08 AM, Britman said:

Yes , THE Beaufighter is a target tug. I managed to post it twice and could not remove one! If you are not aware , I did post other photos from my dads collection at the same time around March.

 

Thanks - I'd seen some of them but not all! very interesting stuff!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×