1/48 Dassault Mirage F1C "Cornouaille" Dissolution Scheme

22 June 1995 marked the dissolution of EC 3/12 Cornouailles.

Here's Kittyhawk's Mirage F1 CR/CT kit dressed up with Eduard etch, Scale Resin Wheels, Master Pitot and finished off with Berna Decals :

MVIDJ67.jpg

Cts6DXi.jpg

f3XwngP.jpg

prwH6Az.jpg

TrHA7el.jpg

ZWAB1ID.jpg

and here it is on its display base :

OkC0N4K.jpg

gdaL0TI.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mike

• Like 31

Waow

Stunning job and very nice finish, I really like her.

Did you enjoy the building of the KH kit ? not too many issues ?

Since I've heard lots of criticism from french modellers about this kit.

I still have the Old ESCI with some resin parts, hesitate to replace it by this one.

Very nice job and great taste in the choice of color scheme, it's well... Royal :D

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Hi, 

very nice job on this one!

fantastic!

what color did you use? (the air defense blue I mean)

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Waow

Stunning job and very nice finish, I really like her.

I still have the Old ESCI with some resin parts, hesitate to replace it by this one.

Very nice job and great taste in the choice of color scheme, it's well... Royal :D

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

the main problem area is the nose cone... it drops down a bit too much (shame on KH, as the earlier 2-seater has it right...)... and it seems to stand a bit high on its main undercarriage , lets say without any fuel or so!

but with such an eye-catching paint scheme it is hardly noticed!!

• Like 1

Mike,

What can I say?  This is a stunning model of one of my favourite subjects (gotta love a Mirage F.1), I don't normally like anniversary or disbandment schemes but I've yet to see one on a Mirage that I haven't liked and this one of my favourites too.

I'm going to link to this thread on the Mirage GB so they can take inspiration from this fabulous build!

• Like 1

Hi

Nice build I have a ESCI one 2/3 done also in these markings and the BERNA Decals, only looking at it the other day to see if I should finish it but other things jumped ahead of it for now.

I note you have used the Type 10 E-Seat from the kit, Mirage F1C's did not use the SEMB-F-1RM10 seat & French 10 seats are dark grey. The F1C only in French use had the SEMB-F1RMR4 seat with B type face blind handles.

I hope this help Nice build

Paul

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, corsaircorp said:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks Corsaircorp. The model was okay but I raised the flaps and this caused quite an issue. The nosecone does have a funny shape to it and after I finished the paint job, I decided I couldn't live with it, so it was out with the 240 grit and some elbow grease. The main wheels are chronically oversized and just had to be replaced. All in all, I beat it into submission which was just as well, as I have another in the stash (with 5 Esci / Italeri versions)

On 2/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, exdraken said:

what color did you use? (the air defense blue I mean)

Thanks exdraken. I used Xtracolor X377 French AF Bleu Mirage F1.

23 hours ago, Dr Evil said:

Looked even better in the flesh (plastic!?) last night, still surprised it didn't end up in African markings though? :P

Cheers Dr E. An F1 in African markings would have been just too predictable !  :P

8 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi

Nice build I have a ESCI one 2/3 done also in these markings and the BERNA Decals, only looking at it the other day to see if I should finish it but other things jumped ahead of it for now.

I note you have used the Type 10 E-Seat from the kit, Mirage F1C's did not use the SEMB-F-1RM10 seat & French 10 seats are dark grey. The F1C only in French use had the SEMB-F1RMR4 seat with B type face blind handles.

I hope this help Nice build

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul. Now stop hesitating and go and finish that Mirage of yours.

mike

• Like 1