The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic - COMPLETED! Page 42

giemme

3 hours ago, giemme said:

Typical Hasegawa decals, pretty thick and not very sticky.

....and with cream instead of white! 

Welcome back Giorgio, hope you had a great time! That Macchi is looking stunning, even when just dryfitted, lovely work!

Keith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

....and with cream instead of white! 

Welcome back Giorgio, hope you had a great time! That Macchi is looking stunning, even when just dryfitted, lovely work!

Keith

Cheers K, thank you! :thumbsup:  Still missing the "like" button after SW upgrade, so consider your post Liked :D 

51 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

They train here in New Mexico, because of the weather I guess.

The Macchi is looking fantastic Giorgio!

All clear now, thanks Cookie! :thumbsup:  As above, consider your post Liked :D 

Ciao

• Like 2

Hi Giorgio. Great to see you back and I hope the holiday was great. Lovely progress - it looking really superb.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Welcome back Giorgio :welcome: 

It sounds like you had a good holiday.

The Macchi is looking superb.

To make 'likes' appear, go to 'themes' and change the theme to 'Default' rather than 'New Britmodeller' .

AFAIK the 'likes' will eventually be there for the 'New Britmodeller' theme, but not at the moment.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Giorgio. Great to see you back and I hope the holiday was great. Lovely progress - it looking really superb.

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, thank you :thumbsup:

Holiday was great, BTW :coolio:

25 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Welcome back Giorgio :welcome: 

It sounds like you had a good holiday.

The Macchi is looking superb.

To make 'likes' appear, go to 'themes' and change the theme to 'Default' rather than 'New Britmodeller' .

AFAIK the 'likes' will eventually be there for the 'New Britmodeller' theme, but not at the moment.

Best regards

TonyT

Cheers Tony, thank you :thumbsup:

I read about the Like button on Mike's post in the general section, but I'll wait for it to come back rather than renouncing to the Go To Top function. Meanwhile, all your posts are to be considered Liked, guys :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 2

22 hours ago, giemme said:

It's a scented wax melting pot, works great to keep water .... warm :analintruder: 

Scented wax melting pot?  That's one Ced recommendation I missed.  I didn't know that decals (bless their little cotton socks) got cold and needed warming :)

Wow - it's looking good Giorgio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fritag said:

Scented wax melting pot?  That's one Ced recommendation I missed.  I didn't know that decals (bless their little cotton socks) got cold and needed warming :)

See, I'm not sure it's called that way, but I'm positive it was Ced recommendation, though :winkgrin:  :D And yes, the bloody little s....ers need warm water to perform well! (I hate decals!!! ) :D:D 

16 minutes ago, AlexN said:

Gorgeous, Giorgio, absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks Alex :thumbsup: 

Ciao

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Late as usual, but welcome back Giorgio.

John

Cheers John, thanks :thumbsup:  You're just about on time, as I'm leaving again on Saturday, for one more holiday week ... :coolio::D

1 hour ago, Leonl said:

Looking great...

I wonder what the @CedB contribution to the modelling industry is, we all have tools that were recommended by him!!

Hope you had a great holiday...

It was really great Leon, thanks - very relaxing :thumbsup:  And yes, Ced is definitely an inspiration to continuously get new toys modelling tools :winkgrin:  :D 

Ciao

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Off on your hols again G. Way to go mate.

We hope that the weather stays fine for you and your family.

Simon and Lady R.

Cheers Simon, thanks :thumbsup: I think I should be able to post one more update before leaving :winkgrin:

Take my bestest to Lady Rose

Ciao

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Cor.  More holiday!  I've got a whole 3 weeks to wait until I've got more holiday...:whistle:

What?? 3 weeks? Not three days? The world is coming to an end :frantic::analintruder::D:D

Ciao

• Haha 1

Hi Giorgio,

From time to time, I pop up to see your excellent job.

Stay in awe ! :mike:

Very fine work, will may be try the one who bear the same name (italianised of course) than mine, I mean a CR 42 based in Belgium at BoB time !

Don't mind please but I'll use decals, did'nt like it but not ready yet to try painting it !

Once again, congratulations.

Corsaircorp 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Very fine work, will may be try the one who bear the same name (italianised of course) than mine, I mean a CR 42 based in Belgium at BoB time !

Don't mind please but I'll use decals, did'nt like it but not ready yet to try painting it !

Once again, congratulations.

Corsaircorp 

Cheers Cc, thank you :thumbsup:  Fiat CR42 Falco: wow, tough camouflage paint job :frantic: 

Never mind about decals, most people get along well with them - just not me :analintruder:  :winkgrin:

So, as anticipated, here's another small update; I completed the decal posing, here is starboard side

dav

Then, to reduce the contrast between the yellowish Savoia emblem and the rest of the cross, I tried with the desaturation technique I normally use for decals, airbrushing a very thinned mix of Tamiya Flat White and Sky Grey over them.

Here's the result, after a protective Future coat

dav

dav

Not good. At least, the Savoia emblem decal edges aren't visible. I hope I can blend it in more with weathering.

Here's the effect of desaturation on the other decals: subtle, but just enough to cut back their brightness

dav

While this was left to set, I tackled the main wheel legs and covers. First off, I wanted to replace the connection point moulded on the main cover, so I cut out a suitable piece of plastic card and made a hole in the middle, same diameter of the wheel leg (1,8mm)

dav

This has then been cut in two, to replace this bit

dav

Before replacing it, I separated the two parts of the cover, to make them like they were in reality

dav

dav

Like this

dav

Then I removed the moulded connection point and marked a receiving slot for the new one, using a chisel

dav

Then I glued the replacement with tiny drops of CA gel, followed by Tamiya Green Cap

dav

The same happened to the other cover

dav

only that the cut wasn't as good, so I had to add some plastic to the end of the top one, to restore the correct length

dav

Curing overnight, before I refine it. that's it for the day, maybe another update tomorrow before I leave.

Comments welcome, as ever

Ciao

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The quality of your work on that paint scheme and decals is just gorgeous Giorgio.I'm sorry I haven't dipped in here enough over the course of the build to give your work the respect it's due.

Wonderful stuff !

Tony

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

The quality of your work on that paint scheme and decals is just gorgeous Giorgio.I'm sorry I haven't dipped in here enough over the course of the build to give your work the respect it's due.

Wonderful stuff !

Tony

No problem Tony - there's so much great stuff going on here on BM that one should read threads as a full time job :frantic:  :analintruder: 

Thanks a lot for your appreciation :thumbsup: 

42 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That aeroplane looks simply lovely giorgio, she really will be a gem when finished! Neat work on the u/c doors too!

Keiith

Cheers Keith, thank you :thumbsup: 

Ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexN said:

My goodness me, but that's excellent! Magnificent! Scrumptious! :eat: 

I can't wait to see the Veltro! So no pressure ;).

Cheers Alex, thanks :thumbsup:  Veltro following soon ... ish :whistle:  :D:D 

3 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Superbe! ( in French ) 

John

Merci monsieur :thumbsup::D 

Ciao

• Like 1