Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
giemme

The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic

544 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, giemme said:

Thanks Stix :thumbsup: Decals not quite going on .... yet :whistle: 

Hi Giorgio - doh - sorry - meant to say looking good with the markings going on but automatically said decals! Just habit!

Impressive work on the undercarriage too!

Kind regards,

Stix

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Giorgio - doh - sorry - meant to say looking good with the markings going on but automatically said decals! Just habit!

Impressive work on the undercarriage too!

Kind regards,

Stix

No problem Stix, and thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

Last update before I leave for a two week holiday B) :snorkle:

The other wheel strut with the wheel dry fitted 

dav

Then I decided to glue in the tail planes

dav

dav

CA gel used here, so that it sets quickly but not too much. I then went over the joints with Tamiya Green Cap, using an old fine tipped brush

There she is

dav

dav

See you in two weeks guys, I'll keep an eye on you :winkgrin::D

Ciao

11 people like this

It's all looking very good Giorgio and hope you have a great holiday!! :thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

1 person likes this

Looking great! 

Have a fantastic holiday... 

1 person likes this

All looking good there G.

You and your family have a great time on holiday.

Simon.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

It's all looking very good Giorgio and hope you have a great holiday!! :thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Leonl said:

Looking great! 

Have a fantastic holiday... 

Cheers Leon, thank you! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

All looking good there G.

You and your family have a great time on holiday.

Simon.

Thanks Simon! :thumbsup: Keep up, mate, and take my bestest to Lady Rose

Ciao

2 people like this

Spero che tu abbia un buona vacanza Giorgio  :)

I just caught up. I'm still in awe of the markings. They look superb :thumbsup2: .

I don't pretend to understand the software, techniques and materials involved, but I will research them; this looks far better than decals.

All best regards

TonyT

2 people like this

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Spero che tu abbia un buona vacanza Giorgio

:D Hey, almost perfect Italian there! Grazie Antonio! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your comment too :thumbsup: I love this masking as painting for markings  as much as I hate decals :winkgrin: Still, can't completely skip decals, but luckily there's only few of them to put on here :coolio:

Ciao

1 person likes this

Imma breakin' in right here to say I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. I have 3 on my 'to-build' list. Excellent work and thank you for posting/documenting your build.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Crane said:

Imma breakin' in right here to say I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. I have 3 on my 'to-build' list. Excellent work and thank you for posting/documenting your build.

Thanks Crane :thumbsup: Glad if this can be of any help :)

3 in your stash? I'm slightly envious... :D

Great profile pic you have, BTW; what mountains are those, if I may ask?

Ciao

Edited by giemme

17 minutes ago, giemme said:

:D Hey, almost perfect Italian there! Grazie Antonio! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your comment too :thumbsup: I love this masking as painting for markings  as much as I hate decals :winkgrin: Still, can't completely skip decals, but luckily there's only few of them to put on here :coolio:

Ciao

Sure you can't skip decals for the red alignment arrows near the leading edge of the tailplanes.

Don't want to annoy anyone, but your work looks better and better.

Have a nice vacation. (We'll miss you)

Bye

Euge

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

Sure you can't skip decals for the red alignment arrows near the leading edge of the tailplanes.

Don't want to annoy anyone, but your work looks better and better.

Have a nice vacation. (We'll miss you)

Bye

Euge

Thanks Euge! :thumbsup: I don't recall having seen the small red alignment arrows on the decal sheet - in fact I was thinking of brush painting them on... :frantic:

Ciao

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Thanks Crane :thumbsup: Glad if this can be of any help :)

3 in your stash? I'm slightly envious... :D

Great profile pic you have, BTW; what mountains are those, if I may ask?

Ciao

I took that picture while on vacation in Arizona. It is from the overlook on Airport Road in Sedona. BTW, I just saw you are from Bergamo, which gave me a chuckle, because my Instant Immersion Italian mentions that town. (I am trying to learn Italian and going for dual-citizenship)

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Crane said:

I took that picture while on vacation in Arizona. It is from the overlook on Airport Road in Sedona. BTW, I just saw you are from Bergamo, which gave me a chuckle, because my Instant Immersion Italian mentions that town. (I am trying to learn Italian and going for dual-citizenship)

Ain't the world small? :D:D Bergamo is a very nice city to visit, BTW. Good luck with your double citizenship procedure :thumbsup:

Ciao

Happy holiday. Two weeks without BM you will be suffering from withdrawal symptoms by the time you get home.

Cheers

John.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Happy holiday. Two weeks without BM you will be suffering from withdrawal symptoms by the time you get home.

Who said I'm gonna stay without BM? :coolio: No actual modelling while I'm away, but as I said, I'm going to keep an eye on you guys (and your build progresses) :winkgrin::D

Ciao

Edited by giemme
3 people like this

Have a great holibobs Giorgio - and little Macchi is looking ever more gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

Keith

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Have a great holibobs Giorgio - and little Macchi is looking ever more gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

Keith

Cheers K, thank you! :thumbsup: I will :coolio::party:

Ciao

Not a build update, but today we had a low pass by a Eurofighter (Italian Air Force base very close to where I'm spending my holiday) :) Nice start

Ciao

2 people like this