The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic - COMPLETED! Page 42

giemme

Great improvements!

May be the camouflage clouds may have been a little more on the ...round side, but pictures of that period aren't very helpful and the colors are spot on!

The repalacement plates give it that different touch. I like this kit very much!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jamie_Graham said:

Very good work with this pre & post shading!! I love it!!! I think is not easy to get the "right point" with these lights and shadows ... very good! 

Cheers Jamie, thanks! :thumbsup: Getting to the "right point" with pre and post shading requires some practice, but it's no rocket science :winkgrin:  :D

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Superb modelling and detailing as always Giorgio. Well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, thanks :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, massimo said:

Great improvements!

May be the camouflage clouds may have been a little more on the ...round side, but pictures of that period aren't very helpful and the colors are spot on!

The repalacement plates give it that different touch. I like this kit very much!

Grazie Massimo! :thumbsup: Pictures of the specif aircraft aren't very clear, but they do show some elongated splotches in places, like on the fuselage sides. What I'm not totally happy with are the wings, whose splotches should probably have been more of a round shape, as you said. I considered respraying them, at a certain point, but I feared I'd get things worse and decided to leave them alone :shrug:

Thanks a lot for your comment :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giemme said:

Cheers Jamie, thanks! :thumbsup: Getting to the "right point" with pre and post shading requires some practice, but it's no rocket science :winkgrin:  :D

Cheers Stix, thanks :thumbsup:

Grazie Massimo! :thumbsup: Pictures of the specif aircraft aren't very clear, but they do show some elongated splotches in places, like on the fuselage sides. What I'm not totally happy with are the wings, whose splotches should probably have been more of a round shape, as you said. I considered respraying them, at a certain point, but I feared I'd get things worse and decided to leave them alone :shrug:

Thanks a lot for your comment :thumbsup:

Ciao

You're right, pictures are those to be trusted. My comment was mainly based on what I've seen on Macchi 200 which was the aircraft which wore this camouflage most, but I haven't seen on 202s , so... it's just for talking!

What camouflage will the Veltro wear?

• Like 1

Hi everybody; I'm back from my week in the mountains :coolio: . Sorry I couldn't post any pics, bad line; here are a few.

This is the kind of view you get to see there (photo taken at 2.150 m high)

IMG_20170808_132313

If any of you is familiar with the Dolomiti, the big group on the left is the Marmolada (only real glacier of the Dolomiti on top of it), while right in the middle is the Sella Group, where I went skiing last winter. Hidden by the clouds is its highest peak, Piz Boé, 3152 meters. 

Which can be seen here on the far right:

IMG_20170809_205225

and here's yours truly on top of it

IMG_20170809_132750

At my left is the Sass Pordoi, my starting point at 2910m. The path goes down for a couple of hundred meters, then up to 3.152. Amazing place! :):)

There is also some modelling, which I managed to do yesterday:

completing the brake lines on the wheel legs

dav

then I test fitted the wheels and drilled the appropriate receiving holes

dav

Time to glue the two-piece covers: top

dav

and bottom

dav

Not really a good fit, and I lost one segment of the brake line in the process

dav

promptly restored

dav

I think they'll need quite some touch ups after the primer goes on - I need to come up with something better for the C205 :hmmm: 

One more thing, I installed the radiator lip

dav

So next will be priming and painting wheels and struts, then weathering on the airframe - goal line is in sight! :frantic:  :analintruder:  :winkgrin: 

Comments welcome, as ever

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, giemme said:

At my left is the Sass Pordoi, my starting point at 2190m. The path goes down for a couple of hundred meters, then up to 3.152. 

Beautiful scenery. You hiked up to over 10,000 feet???:o  Were you lightheaded (more than usual):penguin:?

Exquisite modelling, as usual.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gene K said:

Beautiful scenery. You hiked up to over 10,000 feet???:o  Were you lightheaded (more than usual):penguin:?

:rofl::rofl: Yes, just a tad :analintruder:

Please note that in my original post I switched two digits in the starting point height (now fixed): I started walking at 2910, down to 2800 and then up to 3152. The last 200 meters were ... pretty steep :frantic: Took me a good five minutes to recover a normal breathing and heart rate :frantic:

Ciao

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Great pics Giorgio - both landscapes & model! Those mountains look fantastic - great to see snow in August!

Keith

Cheers Keith, thank you! :thumbsup:

There is no snow except on the glacier in the first pic, though: what you see are rock debrees, typical of this part of the Alps. Dolomite is the name of this kind of rock, and it's mainly limestone, hence the whiteish look. 

As a side note, there was little to no snow in this area last winter too: we had a very long draught period, and skiing surrounded by yellowish fields was kinda weird ... 

3 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Nice pics G, and great scenery mate.

The build is coming along very sweetly.

Simon.

Cheers Simon, thanks :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Agreed, wonderful pics of both the scenery and the Macchi progress Giorgio.

Cheers Cookie, thank you :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Awesome scenery - what a country to call home :)

And terrific detail work on the undercarriage :D

Thanks Steve, the Dolomiti are pretty unique, in fact :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

9 hours ago, giemme said:

Hi everybody; I'm back from my week in the mountains :coolio: . Sorry I couldn't post any pics, bad line; here are a few.

This is the kind of view you get to see there (photo taken at 2.150 m high)

IMG_20170808_132313

If any of you is familiar with the Dolomiti, the big group on the left is the Marmolada (only real glacier of the Dolomiti on top of it), while right in the middle is the Sella Group, where I went skiing last winter. Hidden by the clouds is its highest peak, Piz Boé, 3152 meters. 

Which can be seen here on the far right:

IMG_20170809_205225

At my left is the Sass Pordoi, my starting point at 2910m. The path goes down for a couple of hundred meters, then up to 3.152. Amazing place! :):)

Hi Giorgio, 

wonderful places!!!Last summer I came back after many years and ..Alps are still impressive !!!

4ZcyBSj.jpg

QV8URd4.jpg

Here are the Tre Cime di Lavaredo,

EwDtqUj.jpg

e1D4p7p.jpg

and here another view of Marmolada glacier , with lake Fedaia at its base.

And there arent just mountains over there....

0S6KyrA.jpg

Same subject but from a different...perspective!!!

T85X7MW.jpg

You  see ??? We share some thing more than love for models!!!:D

P.S. Great job on the landing gears!!!

Edited by massimo2
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, massimo said:

You  see ??? We share some thing more than love for models!!!:D

Definitely, I love mushrooms too! (finferli  - non so come li chiami tu - e porcini, il meglio per un risotto!) :D :D Great Dolomiti pics Massimo, BTW! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, giemme said:

There is no snow except on the glacier in the first pic, though: what you see are rock debrees, typical of this part of the Alps. Dolomite is the name of this kind of rock, and it's mainly limestone, hence the whiteish look.

Having done Geology in my first year at University back in the dark ages, I of course knew that....:whistle: :winkgrin: My only excuse is that I didn't have my glasses on when looking at your pics. And if you believe that, you'll believe anything Giorgio...!!  :D

Keith

PS it still looks like snow when I have my glasses on, must need stronger ones...!! :nerd:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

PS it still looks like snow when I have my glasses on, must need stronger ones...!! :nerd:

:D In real life, you can tell it's not snow, but I agree my pics are quite deceiving - after all, they've been taken with a Huawei phone camera :winkgrin:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

There's nothing at all wrong with your pics G! Looks like a really fascinating landscape to explore!

Definitely so! :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

PS Massimo's pics are lovely too - but that delicious looking food has made me hungry again...!! 

Where I spent my seaside vacation in July (Puglia, Southern Italy), this is about dinner time ... :winkgrin:  :whistle:  :devil:  

Just saying ... :D:D 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, giemme said:

Definitely so! :thumbsup:

Where I spent my seaside vacation in July (Puglia, Southern Italy), this is about dinner time ... :winkgrin:  :whistle:  :devil:  

Just saying ... :D:D 

Ciao

Well, while we're on this celebration of Italy; I know some of Puglia.

Yes, dinner until 11pm.

Have you been to Galatone? I love the beach there, the ocean caves. I have relatives that went to live in Galatone. Friends own a small business in Lecce, friends in Galatina (policeman) and Gallipoli (not in Turkey :winkgrin: 🦃 ). I love it down there.

The food....:Tasty:

The (home made) wine 🍷 :cheers:!

The very lovely young slim female, just 21, with huge brown eyes...soft skin, a face like a princess.... :inlove:...

She was so beautiful that it was difficult for me to even look at her. She worked picking tobacco leaves...... :heart: If only I had staye....:blink:..

ooops :o!

:blush: 

The last time I was there at this time of year was in 1997. It was so hot that the grass was simply igniting on its own, toasting, smouldering. The air smelled of burnt grass. I would sometimes lay on top of an old forni house with a big hat on, listen to classical music on the tape Walkman in the heat. Those were the days.

Puglia isn't well known for its mountains, this is something that has to be said :confused: .

Those mushrooms :o!! Yes, Porconi are very good for risotto and yes, it's 6.43 am over here and I'm absolutely starving now after that :eat:.

I haven't been to Puglia for 20 years :weep:.

The last time, to get home I took the overnight train all the way from Lecce to Milan, waited until 10pm, then the slow overnight train to Paris, then train, ferry and train to Leicester in the U.K.. 

Exhausting but fabulous; a good way to meet many interesting people and have some adventures. 6am to 10pm at Milan station.....adventures :frantic: .

Apologies for the long story. Been on my own in the house for a few days :confused: 

Welcome back Giorgio, the undercarriage will be fine, as you say, the finish line is in sight now ;).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Welcome back Giorgio, the undercarriage will be fine, as you say, the finish line is in sight now ;)

Thanks you Tony,  but I should really start calling you Antonio, shouldn't I? :D:D

I've been to Lecce and Gallipoli in July (I was actually staying half an hour drive from Gallipoli), and it wasn't my first visit there - beautiful places :thumbsup:

Never been to Galatone nor Galatina, though...

Side note: the name of those mushrooms is Porcini, porconi means "big pigs" literally, but it also means swearing in the worst way ... I thought you'd better know, in case you meet any other attractive Italian girls :winkgrin::devil::whistle:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 4