The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic - COMPLETED! Page 42

giemme

8 minutes ago, giemme said:

Thanks Stix :thumbsup: Decals not quite going on .... yet :whistle: 

Hi Giorgio - doh - sorry - meant to say looking good with the markings going on but automatically said decals! Just habit!

Impressive work on the undercarriage too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Giorgio - doh - sorry - meant to say looking good with the markings going on but automatically said decals! Just habit!

Impressive work on the undercarriage too!

Kind regards,

Stix

No problem Stix, and thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

Last update before I leave for a two week holiday B) :snorkle:

The other wheel strut with the wheel dry fitted 

dav

Then I decided to glue in the tail planes

dav

dav

CA gel used here, so that it sets quickly but not too much. I then went over the joints with Tamiya Green Cap, using an old fine tipped brush

There she is

dav

dav

See you in two weeks guys, I'll keep an eye on you :winkgrin::D

Ciao

• Like 17

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

It's all looking very good Giorgio and hope you have a great holiday!! :thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Leonl said:

Looking great! 

Have a fantastic holiday... 

Cheers Leon, thank you! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

All looking good there G.

You and your family have a great time on holiday.

Simon.

Thanks Simon! :thumbsup: Keep up, mate, and take my bestest to Lady Rose

Ciao

• Like 2

Spero che tu abbia un buona vacanza Giorgio  :)

I just caught up. I'm still in awe of the markings. They look superb :thumbsup2: .

I don't pretend to understand the software, techniques and materials involved, but I will research them; this looks far better than decals.

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Spero che tu abbia un buona vacanza Giorgio

:D Hey, almost perfect Italian there! Grazie Antonio! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your comment too :thumbsup: I love this masking as painting for markings  as much as I hate decals :winkgrin: Still, can't completely skip decals, but luckily there's only few of them to put on here :coolio:

Ciao

• Like 1

Imma breakin' in right here to say I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. I have 3 on my 'to-build' list. Excellent work and thank you for posting/documenting your build.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crane said:

Imma breakin' in right here to say I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. I have 3 on my 'to-build' list. Excellent work and thank you for posting/documenting your build.

Thanks Crane :thumbsup: Glad if this can be of any help :)

3 in your stash? I'm slightly envious... :D

Great profile pic you have, BTW; what mountains are those, if I may ask?

Ciao

Edited by giemme

17 minutes ago, giemme said:

:D Hey, almost perfect Italian there! Grazie Antonio! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your comment too :thumbsup: I love this masking as painting for markings  as much as I hate decals :winkgrin: Still, can't completely skip decals, but luckily there's only few of them to put on here :coolio:

Ciao

Sure you can't skip decals for the red alignment arrows near the leading edge of the tailplanes.

Don't want to annoy anyone, but your work looks better and better.

Have a nice vacation. (We'll miss you)

Bye

Euge

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

Sure you can't skip decals for the red alignment arrows near the leading edge of the tailplanes.

Don't want to annoy anyone, but your work looks better and better.

Have a nice vacation. (We'll miss you)

Bye

Euge

Thanks Euge! :thumbsup: I don't recall having seen the small red alignment arrows on the decal sheet - in fact I was thinking of brush painting them on... :frantic:

Ciao

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Thanks Crane :thumbsup: Glad if this can be of any help :)

3 in your stash? I'm slightly envious... :D

Great profile pic you have, BTW; what mountains are those, if I may ask?

Ciao

I took that picture while on vacation in Arizona. It is from the overlook on Airport Road in Sedona. BTW, I just saw you are from Bergamo, which gave me a chuckle, because my Instant Immersion Italian mentions that town. (I am trying to learn Italian and going for dual-citizenship)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Crane said:

I took that picture while on vacation in Arizona. It is from the overlook on Airport Road in Sedona. BTW, I just saw you are from Bergamo, which gave me a chuckle, because my Instant Immersion Italian mentions that town. (I am trying to learn Italian and going for dual-citizenship)

Ain't the world small? :D:D Bergamo is a very nice city to visit, BTW. Good luck with your double citizenship procedure :thumbsup:

Ciao

54 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Happy holiday. Two weeks without BM you will be suffering from withdrawal symptoms by the time you get home.

Who said I'm gonna stay without BM? :coolio: No actual modelling while I'm away, but as I said, I'm going to keep an eye on you guys (and your build progresses) :winkgrin::D

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Have a great holibobs Giorgio - and little Macchi is looking ever more gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

Keith

Cheers K, thank you! :thumbsup: I will :coolio::party:

Ciao

Not a build update, but today we had a low pass by a Eurofighter (Italian Air Force base very close to where I'm spending my holiday) :) Nice start

Ciao

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent start indeed Giorgio! I really want to see a Eurofighter some day. The Germans fly Tornados nearby to where I live, but they've announced that the Eurofighter will not join them. Sad face.

I love the masks Giemme, your cutter at work did an amazing job with the small details, and you managed to avoid any paint bleed. They look way better than decals!

• Like 2

Cheers Cookie, thanks! :thumbsup:

There was a lot of activity in the sky over where I was staying during last two weeks; I saw two more quick passes from a Eurofighter flying solo, plus several times two or three trainers flying formation, and an Italian Navy helicopter. At a certain point I think I saw (not sure because it was very high in the sky) a Tornado with partially swept wings. Now I'm back home, though, which means the only low passes I get are from Ryanair liners landing in Bergamo (several of them per day :frantic: ).

It also means that I will probably post a progress report next Monday :winkgrin:

How come you have Germans flying over you, if you don't mind me asking?

Ciao

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was impressed at how elegant the Eurofighter looks when flying. I was never really impressed by her look, but I totally changed my mind after seeing it in level flight

Edited by giemme
  • Like 3

Everytime I see, hear of or think about the EF Typhoon I get very cross that the RAAF didn't get the 2-seater version instead of the F-18 'Super' Hornets. Makes my blood boil. But then, we do whatever the Americans tell us to do, "yes sir, no sir, how high sir?" Humph.

• Like 2

On 29/7/2017 at 6:49 PM, giemme said:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was impressed at how elegant the Eurofighter looks when flying. I was never really impressed by her look, but I totally changed my mind after seeing it in level flight

Ummm! Most bookmakers say there is a new kit approaching your workbench.

Welcome back, Giorgio.

Bye

Euge

Edited by 72linerlover
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexN said:

Everytime I see, hear of or think about the EF Typhoon I get very cross that the RAAF didn't get the 2-seater version instead of the F-18 'Super' Hornets. Makes my blood boil. But then, we do whatever the Americans tell us to do, "yes sir, no sir, how high sir?" Humph.

I see what you mean. Although, for instance, a good friend of mine would rather see F-18 Super Hornets instead of the upcoming F-35s for the USAF ... :coolio:  :winkgrin: 

2 hours ago, 72linerlover said:

Ummm! Most bookmakers say there is a new kit approaching your workbench.

Welcome back, Giorgio.

Bye

Euge

Bets can't be taken, since I have had the Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Single Seater kit in my stash for two years now ... :D 

1 hour ago, Jamie_Graham said:

I love this model!! 

I join this workbench a little late ... at least to see how you finish this project. Great work! 

Thanks for joining, Jamie! :thumbsup:  Still plenty to do here, since it's a double build and the C205 is quite behind this in terms of build progress :winkgrin:

So I'm back and managed to do some modelling during the WE; while I was still thinking of how to separate the wheel leg covers, I decided to complete the spinner/propeller assembly.

If you remember, it turned out the front side of the prop blades should be some sort of light blue grey, so I resprayed them with a mix of Lifecolor Grigio Azzurro Chiaro and Matt White.

See the difference?

dav

Here they are, the three of them

dav

Some light chipping reinstated

dav

Back side, showing more wear and tear, as it should be

dav

Before gluing them to the spinner back plate I decided to put the decals on (oh joy ... :badmood: ).

Out comes the new decals tool, bought following  @CedB advice :thumbsup:   

dav

It's a scented wax melting pot, works great to keep water .... warm :analintruder: 

Decals on

dav

all glued (CA gel drops and Tamiya Green Cap along the joints)

dav

dav

Couldn't resist a quick dryfit

dav

dav

Then I went on with decals; to complete the Savoia's crosses, I had to cut out the emblem from the kit decals

dav

In place

dav

dav

The white on these decals has a visible yellowish hue, not sure if it is intended or due to aging - I'll have to work on that :hmmm: 

Port side completed

dav

dav

Typical Hasegawa decals, pretty thick and not very sticky. Starboard will be next. That's it for today, any comments welcome

Ciao

• Like 7