Revell does Halo

The Pelican looks pretty cool. I'm not a fan of Halo (though I did play through Halo 3 on Hard whilst off sick from work many years ago) but I do like some of the vehicle designs. 

It's good that they've stuck to 1/100 as it's in scale with the miniatures game and the McFarlane productions stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2017 at 11:21 AM, John_W said:

Interesting.

Always fancied the Pillar of Autumn, wonder if they will do that.

You can buy the ships from Spartan Games who also make the Firestorm Armada ships.  They are used for Wargaming, however the quality is really good on them.  I have a few myself.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

I like the Warthog, the Spartans (figures) look very detailed and interesting in their own right too. The Pelican shape looks about right but it seems a bit free of surface detail?

I do like Halo (at least the earlier installments) but the UNSC designs are very post-Aliens. Although the Covenant vehicles feel like their own thing which balances that out somewhat.

Wil

I believe Halo Fleet Battles (that Dazzio mentioned) has whatever class of ship the Autumn is. The models look decent and they do them in smaller quantities do you don't need the whole box.

Will

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dazzio said:

You can buy the ships from Spartan Games who also make the Firestorm Armada ships.  They are used for Wargaming, however the quality is really good on them.  I have a few myself.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

How big are they? How is the game? I looked into these awhile back but the initial high cost put me off. And I can't find any individual ships, just fleet boxes. 

I did find the Dark Horse prepaints that might work out. Anybody here have any experience with these? (And as a bonus they also do Mass Effect ships!)

You can get some of the figures from Halo as Sprukits of various grades.  I think they're something akin to the Gundams in terms of functionality and grades.  I've been tempted by a Master Chief on a number of occasions, but as my memory of Halo is back in the days of the original Xbox, I've never actually pressed the button.  You can find them on Amazon, but I'm sure they're available elsewhere :)

• Like 1

I've got a few of those.  I have Master Chief,  Locke,  and Palmer.  I've been hoping they would do up an ODST Buck, but so far they haven't. BTW ODST is my favorite of the series.  You play as a regular solider fighting the covenant.  A lot more hiding and evading then you have when you play as a Spartan.  

They are fantastic little kits, they build like a HG Gundam. Great value for the money.

Edited by Thud4444

9 hours ago, Will Vale said:

I believe Halo Fleet Battles (that Dazzio mentioned) has whatever class of ship the Autumn is. The models look decent and they do them in smaller quantities do you don't need the whole box.

Will

Not as far as I am aware, the Pillar of Autumn was a Halcyon Light Cruiser and the Cruisers in HFB are Marathon Heavy Cruisers.  I guess if you could work out how to take off the armoured plates then you might have a Pillar?  The only ship that looks like any in the games that I know off is the Epoch carrier and the Spirit of Fire.

8 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

How big are they? How is the game? I looked into these awhile back but the initial high cost put me off. And I can't find any individual ships, just fleet boxes. 

I did find the Dark Horse prepaints that might work out. Anybody here have any experience with these? (And as a bonus they also do Mass Effect ships!)

Ask and you shall receive Thud :)

32930984453_5e3d547063_b.jpg

The ship in the top left is a Dindrenzi Secutor cruiser from Firestorm Armada.  The Gundam is a normal GM in HG so should give you an idea of the size.

33744208285_4bb566f06b_b.jpg

Not sure if those cruisers look like the Pillar of Autumn?

33359342980_2979eba94a_b.jpg

32930975323_734aa528e3_b.jpg

Does kinda look like the Spirit of Fire.  Unfortunately I don't know of any way to buy the models own their own.  I guess you could ask Spartan Games?  They are a very good company to deal with and very helpful in my experience.  I haven't had any games with these little ships I am afraid.  However I have played a few Firestorm Armada games and they are similar, easy to pick up takes a while to master.  These kits are multipart plastic kits and pretty well detailed as you can see.  If you have any more questions, give me a shout. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

Ooh they're a little bit bigger than I thought :)

My mistake about the Autumn - it looks close enough though. Some internet searches suggest that Spartan showed a prototype of that ship in 2015 but I don't think it's in production yet?

Not Halo, but have you seen the spaceships for Dropfleet Commander? They're pretty cool.

https://www.hawkwargames.com/collections/dropfleet-commander

Will

• Like 1

They are a bigger than I remember too Will... old age and all that! :P

I do recall seeing a Pillar of Autumn but I wasn't sure if that was Spartan Games or something else... I have seen a massive dreadnought that is the size of a table!

I have seen Dropfleet Commander, kinda gutted i missed the kickstarter  for it.  Not sure if they are release yet?  They do look pretty cool. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

They're definitely available now. I nearly went for the KS but am glad I didn't as it would be another pile of stuff to feel bad about not having painted. Quite tempted to pick up a starter though.

Will

• Like 1

Whoa. Those look a lot better than I thought they would.  Thanks Dazz! I might have to pull the trigger and get some.  I'm pretty sure those light frigates are the same class as the In Amber Clad from Halo 2. 

An added plus is that they seem to scale pretty close to the old AoG Babylon 5 ships I have tons of.  They would look great in the display case together. 

I know what you mean Vale, I've got two boxes of Star Trek ships I purchased from Mongoose sitting unplayed and unpainted. Quite a few Star Wars fighters unopened still waiting for game time. I even submitted a 3d design of a Supermarine Swift in 1/144 to use in Check Your 6! that I haven't tried out yet. That's not even counting all the FoW,  Battletech and Victory at Sea minis.  

But still, I kinda want some of those Dropfleet ships. .......:think:

I might need help.:facepalm:

• Like 1