Dragon 1/144 MiG 23 MF Flogger B East German Interceptor

Hello Chaps,

During my recent spate of "Hairy Stick" painting, I came across this kit buried in my stash with 3 other 1/144 scale kits. They were buried for good reason- i generally prefer large scale models that I see better with my aging eyes. But, I must have been going through a patch of masochistic delirium and decided to have a go. But that said, after wearing 4x magnification Opti-Visors during the whole build so that I could "see" what I was attempting, then taking them off at the end, my vision was blurred for a few days after trying to readjust. So, I'll never attempt one again! I completed this build during the first week of this month (February 2017).

I got lazy with this one and didn't attempt any scratch-building in the cockpit! :P

Astonishingly enough, this kit included some stencils which were hardly visible with magnification, let alone with the naked eye, the main decals were the size of the average stencil!

The kit includes movable wings, so the photos below will show some images where the wings are both open and closed.

The last 4 photos include two with the model next to a US Quarter coin- slightly smaller than a UK 10 pence coin and two with the model next to my Revell 1/32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIa to provide an idea of scale and how small this model is....

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: airplane

If you'd like to watch my YouTube "Build Video" for this model, there here is the link to it:  

Thanks in advance for looking at this post and the video, if you should watch that, and for any comments left, much appreciated!

In the meantime, until my next build presentation ( Italeri 1/72 F-16 A/B NATO Falcon), happy modeling!

Cheers,

Martin :smile:

• Like 10

On 2/23/2017 at 3:41 AM, F-32 said:

Very nice work, looks like a decent kit, shape looks good which is something many 1/144 kits lack

:yes:

Thanks F-32, much appreciated :)

• 2 years later...