I built tis model a few years ago after having the kit sit in my stash for a few more yeas prior to that. The kit was labelled as being Italeri, but in reality, it was originally released under the Zvezda brand. Because of it's ancestry, the detail wasn't as crisp as say, an offering from Miniart, but with a bit of work and a sheet of Eduard etched brass, a reasonable could be produced.

14b7cd6d-4796-46f9-b057-38cd2c61a422.JPG      82020619-0eeb-4150-94c1-437de3a090d4.JPG

12cc5593-034a-4faf-a6ef-114e03bc567b.JPG      a48e278e-8b0d-4236-8b29-a52712d637b4.JPG

The load in the back is from a set by Miniart, and consists of some 85mm ammunition boxes along with an oil drum from Tamiya. The markings on the boxes are decals which are included in the kit.

f008a321-87ce-49e6-9462-0fc38e35ca50.JPG     2840fb0c-967d-4cc3-a9d5-bfd710016090.JPG

34f0f729-8940-4be8-b682-4a7db82a0c8c.JPG    b17a46c4-588c-4ed1-abc7-d38fd1b30dd9.JPG

Russian trucks were painted in a colour known as ZK, which is a lighter shade of green than the armour colour 4BO. I used Tamiya NATO Green. The decals weren't much use so most of the markings were hand painted with oils, the exceptions being the circle on the tail gate and the red stars on the doors. The beam on the lower rear

was painted white to help drivers keep station whilst in convoy at night.

The figure came with the kit and I adapted him to appear that he was working on the engine.

347d5cfc-435d-4cd2-95b3-e6c386d647ad.JPG

Miniart Russian truck kits are sharper moulded, but this is still a worthwhile kit to build.

John.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, celt said:

A well tidy Russki truck.

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Pretty truck, a nice add-on for a diorame, cheers mate :D

49 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That is a beautifully built and painted truck. The load in the back and the figure really bring it to life! Excellent modelling! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks very much for the comments.

John.

• Like 1

That's really nice John. I've always wanted one of these, perhaps for a little Lake Ladoga diorama. 

I love your base, open engine cover and working figure. Really animated and interesting.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

15 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent job my friend!

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

That's a beauty,great job.

13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

That's really nice John. I've always wanted one of these, perhaps for a little Lake Ladoga diorama. 

I love your base, open engine cover and working figure. Really animated and interesting.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Thanks very much. As I said, the kit doesn't measure up to the Miniart versions, but with the Eduard set, it can really improve it. Most of the basics are there including the engine.

John.

12 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I love these utilitarian Soviet trucks and yours looks just right. As others have said, the realistic-looking load and well-posed crew member really bring it to life. Great work.

Thanks AD. You're right, they do have character. I've got one of the Miniart Gaz 6 wheelers to do at some point.

John.