An appeal for help! Revell Monogram B17G 1/48

Mark1382

Hi, new to the forum. I am an automotive modeller but I occasionally build aircraft on request. Grew up building world war two aircraft fuelled by my grandfathers tales and dads enthusiasm for the era. I recently began the Revell Monogram 1/48 B17G for a friend who hasn't been too well. To cheer him up I want to build something different. 

I am aiming to build both the B17 a 1/48 Mustang and hopefully display them in flight together. To give this some realism I thought the Fortress needed at least some crew. I settled on the Bombardier and the flight crew as these are the most visible. Using the B17 ground crew and standing pilot together with a spare Mosquito pilot and some modelling putty I managed to come up with two reasonable figures. No matter how I tried I could not create a third crew member with the parts I had. The heads of the figures with the B17 are not even the same size!! 

So to my appeal.

Does anyone have a spare pilot figure from the B17G kit they would be willing to donate? I also require a seated 1/48 pilot they can only really be seen from the shoulders up once they are in the cockpit. I think the Mosquito pilot makes a fair representation when painted in AAF type colours. 

Edited by Mark1382

I can't help i'm afraid, but can I suggest that you modify your title to give some idea of just what you are looking for.  That way you might attract those who could help, rather than being completely open-ended as to the entire history of WW2 aviation and scales.

Edited by Graham Boak

5 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I can't help i'm afraid, but can I suggest that you modify your title to give some idea of just what you are looking for.  That way you might attract those who could help, rather than being completely open-ended as to the entire history of WW2 aviation and scales.

Thanks for the advice.

Not sure about the tone though. 

New to this site just looking for some assistance from fellow model makers. 

56 minutes ago, Mark1382 said:

Thanks for the advice.

Not sure about the tone though. 

New to this site just looking for some assistance from fellow model makers. 

Tone?

This is Britmodeller, honestly we don't do "tones.":wink:

The helpful suggestion from Graham was to change the title of your post  to say you are looking for pilot figures for a B17. Do that and you will probably end up with  enough figures to man an entire squadron. We are a helpful lot around here!

Selwyn

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Tone?

This is Britmodeller, honestly we don't do "tones.":wink:

The helpful suggestion from Graham was to change the title of your post  to say you are looking for pilot figures for a B17. Do that and you will probably end up with  enough figures to man an entire squadron. We are a helpful lot around here!

Selwyn

You see Selwyn, I would describe the tone of your response as 'helpful' and or 'supportive' ;) Many thanks.