Tamiya Mossies x2

PhantomBigStu

Full pics of the first and the 2nd ready for priming no rush as normal life takes priority

Also finally found the missing tip light, dropped something and found it sitting not 2 inches away on patch of floor I'd given the most forensic attention too....

AB2F3647-F2F3-48E5-8A21-B199854FF1E5_zps303ACFBE-6557-4677-AC78-279C7A330186_zpsB892A79B-DFD9-4F1E-8079-60A99F70D191_zps729D2179-9394-4BEC-8524-038F0CF60EA1_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Well as I said normal life took priority over the week though I did manage some modelling I chose to sorely focus on my lightning, so not touched this, still havent decided whether to go for the banff option on my decal sheet or try again at doing the 487sqn option in the box. 

Decided to go for the bannf option, so cracked out a fresh pot of sky, brought from a fellow Bmer (who shall remain nameless lest this feels like a finger pointing), seems to have been thinned with some fancy stuff judging from the smell, hopefully will cover in a few coats 

B4B716FC-D783-4401-9CD2-E36FCCB6B2F4_zps

• Like 2

If it came from me then I apologise. I thought they were untouched, but it's feasible it was from the bottle I used on my Catalina which was the only success I ever had with that stuff. The next two uses resulted in where I am now so I should be happy really.

If it was from me, then it would have been thinned with Xtracrylics branded thinner which is all I ever tried it with before deciding to cease use.

24 minutes ago, SovereignHobbies said:

If it came from me then I apologise. I thought they were untouched, but it's feasible it was from the bottle I used on my Catalina which was the only success I ever had with that stuff. The next two uses resulted in where I am now so I should be happy really.

If it was from me, then it would have been thinned with Xtracrylics branded thinner which is all I ever tried it with before deciding to cease use.

Indeed, the last pot from the lot I brought off you (thanks again for that), the others were all untouched, it seems to be building up fine anyway. :) No need to apologise. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 3 weeks later...

Well lack of updates for a reason, seems the sky was just too poor a coverage to use, had painted what seemed like a million on the underside then did the upper, went to go over the excess ESDG, and it took like 4/5 coats to cover, so decided to strip it down and redo it using humbrol 90.  Here it is ready to go again 

60EDDBBA-79B1-4305-8212-A484192655D9_zps

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stalled, avoiding touching it as I been having a crappy week and don't want another disaster, I've repainted the underside with a few coats of MSG, and the paint work shows up the terrible imperfections and scracthes left stripping it down. Hope to get back on it over the weekend. 

Sometimes its best to set a model down and go back to it when your ready. Just don't leave it too long or you might never return! Go in with a fresh mindset, accept what is done is done and try to enjoy the rest of the build. 

Your first Mossie was a really nice build, hopefully you'll get this one in the gallery too. I look forward to seeing how you get on this weekend! 

7 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

You can still see it in the original post, hang on, I'll use my GB host powers and hide the post for you.

first thing I did was edit it out the post, odd it was still showing, anyway cheers, will be more careful in future. 

3 hours ago, Beard said:

Nice work Stu. Would the Airfix bits fit the Tamiya Mosquito?

Well the airfix is well regarded in dimensions so don't see why there would be much difference between them, and if there is a size difference can always build the airfix as a mkxviii instead 

• Like 1

Photos are up in the gallery, had hoped to use a new setup, but was so hot on Friday a walk to town for the materials wasn't appealing. Also remembered something I'd learned last year when I attempted the subject, it quite possible it flew out of my local raf station, as 487sqn flew from there for a few months 24B50031-AA05-48D2-8254-BB9B88B3314E_zps 15724495-443C-4100-8554-BF145B502A48_zpsC4717339-5E38-481E-A05C-340389875546_zps

• Like 2