Tamiya Mossies x2

PhantomBigStu

Spent so much money on kits I'm broke, but fortunatly I have some amazon voucher balance left, so just ordered myself this from them, did the fbvi last year for the made in britain GB, nice kit but had some problems with the paint after the decals went on so technically I did the kit twice. Fingers crossed this time. Did also do the old airfix XVIII at the end of 2014, though evidence of that is long since gone, wouldn't mind doing that one again as well 

mossie4bt.jpg

1CBBD5C5-6FBA-4148-850C-8C22EC875443_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

15 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

All togethor, looks like Ill have to clearfix the front windows, both fell out and have vanished

That is a shame. I would be surprised if clearfix will work on these windows due to the curvature and size - I guess you will find out.

Cheers, Peter

3 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

no need, they have reappeared, getting in looks tricky, may have dismantle it back to the separate fuselage halfs

Glad to hear they re-surfaced. Good luck getting them installed, I was going to suggest a method but thought better of it.

31 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

no need, they have reappeared, getting in looks tricky, may have dismantle it back to the separate fuselage halfs

Great news. They are attached from the outside, so there shouldn't be a need to dis-assemble the fuselage.

But they are not the best fit and are a bit fiddly to fit properly.

Cheers, Peter

17 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

Great news. They are attached from the outside, so there shouldn't be a need to dis-assemble the fuselage.

But they are not the best fit and are a bit fiddly to fit properly.

Cheers, Peter

Indeed. which explains why they fell out the first time, wish I figured that out before dismantling it

• 3 weeks later...

Good progress

I had the same problem with my mossie regarding the control wheel that goes on the floor to the left of the pilots seat. Luckily it is not noticeable with the canopy on.

Mick