Beriev Be12 weapons

rickshaw

I recently purchased the Beriev Be12 kit.  Now, the Be12 was a Maritime Patrol aircraft but I cannot find any pictures online of it carrying any weapons.

Doesn't anybody have any pictures of a Be12 carrying weapons?

Further, the kit has a strangely shaped pod which is  to placed under the port wing.  Does anybody know what the function of that pod is?

Guessing against the detector...and I hasten to add, it's only a guess...since the service version had a MAD array built in the 'stinger' fairing in the tail. As a maritime patrol a/c, it was built to be able to carry mines, depth charges and/or torpedoes---both internally and externally. Have a look at the cutaway drawing here.

Always been one of my favorite Soviet-era birds, based on its ungainly shape alone. Good luck on your build!

Edited by thorfinn

You might contact Flankerman(Ken), directly; he is the most knowledgeable guy on this site concerning Soviet/Russian aircraft(with the Su-27 family being his forte, thus his site name) of the Post WW2-Modern era. If he doesn't know the answer directly; he most likely can point/link you the sites/books/etc., where you can find them. BTW, who made the Be12 kit you bought?

8 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

You might contact Flankerman(Ken), directly; he is the most knowledgeable guy on this site concerning Soviet/Russian aircraft(with the Su-27 family being his forte, thus his site name) of the Post WW2-Modern era. If he doesn't know the answer directly; he most likely can point/link you the sites/books/etc., where you can find them. BTW, who made the Be12 kit you bought?

Modelsvit.   An interesting kit.  It has only a few locating pins and relies on ledges to locate the various parts.