North American A-5/RA-5 Vigilante 1/72 by Revell

4 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

Wow, the painting has started..... I love to see this part especially.

I am happy too. Finelly, the time has come:penguin:The basic painting scheme of the "Vigi" will be as a standard: White gloss & light ghost gray. But my prototype is:

scheme.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen pictures of the Vigi in a camo scheme, and it is interesting, but it was very rare I believe.

The scheme you plan is especially nice on this plane.

The B-58 also had a camo scheme devised for it, and it looked really interesting, but I don't think it was ever used on any real airplane in service. I have the Italeri B-58 and I intend to use it for that camo scheme.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

I have the Italeri B-58

I am really like B-58 "Hustler" (I think) and I like rare & classic camo schame (Cold war period)...

16 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

but I don't think it was ever used on any real airplane in service

An old fashions style of rare camo looks great jast on airliners anniversary (demo) painting scheme.

Edited by Ozzyman69

That is really looking great. 

You are fantastic for attention to details.

I have thought about the Concord airliner..... Airfix makes a 1/72 kit of it, and I imagined it as a camo covered airplane in military service, or all black/titanium like the SR-71. It would be very "cool," as they say.

Can't wait to see more of your paint job.... :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

and I imagined it as a camo covered airplane in military service

:party:Yes of course. It`s cool. And one of a stewardess talks: "Our flight is a military mission flight. Please fasten your seat belts"

29 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

Can't wait to see more of your paint job....

I do not want to make a haste, but I very want to make off this step..:cheers:

Edited by Ozzyman69

11 hours ago, davmarx said:

Hi Andrii, the painting job is growing up... I like it. :D:yes:

Ciao.

Davide

Thank you, Davide. Painting job is finished now. I will to show a photo soon, it may be tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

Andrii, this paint job looks really good. 

You use heavier pre-shading than I have seen before but it works very well. 

I am really enjoying this..... :)

Randy

Randy, after white gloss painting it`s necessary to add black pointed pre-shading for the little bit lines outline restoration. May be heavier...but after finishing it`s ok, I think. Thank you, Randy. I`m glad you like it.:D

Edited by Ozzyman69

Just now, Ozzyman69 said:

Randy, after white gloss painting it necessary to add black pointed pre-shading for the little bit lines outline restoration. May be heavier...but after finishing it`s ok, I think. Thank you, Randy. I`m glad you like it.:D

Sometimes if I put too heavy a final coat over the pre-shading, I might use a very fine sand-paper to reduce it a bit..... seems to work ok. I got some nice results when I did a Monogram F-105 with raised panel lines a long time ago; I sanded back after the paint job and the raised lines were removed and gave dark panel lines... the plastic was dark. Funn to experiment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

Sometimes if I put too heavy a final coat over the pre-shading, I might use a very fine sand-paper to reduce it a bit..... seems to work ok. I got some nice results when I did a Monogram F-105 with raised panel lines a long time ago; I sanded back after the paint job and the raised lines were removed and gave dark panel lines... the plastic was dark. Funn to experiment.

Oh yes. Sometimes I have used same method way with extra fine sand paper after painting job too. Good result and interesting experiment. 

Well, I apply a dark grey wash to the flight control surfaces, wing and fuselage (upper & lower parts of the model). And...landing gears, doors had installed also to correct position.

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 1

Hi All! A new steps of my WIP is here. 

With water color pensils I mark all aircraft panels lines and apply coat of gloss warnish (Humbrol is OK for me) to seal all of the marks. 

Cheers.

Andrii

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 2