TRUMPETER JGSDF TYPE 82 NBC VEHICLE

D1fuN0

Moaning Everyone :bye:

Not my usual valley, but as I seem to be amassing JGSDF kits I thought I should at least build some of them :)

This is the Trumpeter kit from a while back and its the first modern Japanese Armour kit I purchased, (probably because it just looked weird...)

It is actually a very nice kit and goes together quite well, the only issues really being the fit of the windscreens and the plastic tyres.

There's a nice bit of detail in the drivers bit at the front, and the only gripe really is it would have been nice if the front wheels were positionable.

I finished it with Tamiya XF-72 JGSDF Brown & XF-73 JGSDF Dark Green which was applied free hand. I'm not really fond of hard edge camo on models so I tried to get as soft a pattern as possible, if that makes any sense.

Apparently modern Japanese armour is kept as pristine and as clean as possible, so only a light dusting of MIG Pigments was used.

IMG_20170221_083744.jpg

IMG_20170221_083832.jpg

IMG_20170221_083930.jpg

IMG_20170221_084003.jpg

IMG_20170221_084031.jpg

Nice to get back into Armour again, thoroughly enjoyable :thumbsup:

Now If only I can get over my mental block :wall: about painting camo on figures, I might just get some of those nice Japanese figures done as well... :)

All comments welcome

Thanks for looking

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 10

Hiya Steve :bye:

Yeah you're right, and some of the newer ones are actually really nice kits.

Trumpeter does 3 versions of this Type 82, one with a turret, a command vehicle and this one.

The little Chinese Humvee is also a very nice little kit ;)

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 1