Spring of Severomorsk-3

Fantastic diorama, looks very accurate, even down to the positioning of the vehicles. Really like the raised block in the centre with the lamp on it, this breaks up the appearance of a normal "flat apron" area. The aircraft own there own are superb. 

Outstanding work.

Eng

Nicely laid out diorama and great models too! My congratulations!

The only question - did you mean 'Spring of Severomorsk-3'? Severomorsk-3 is the wild place in Murmansk region where my granddad served for 7 years in Soviet Naval Aviation being a Tu-16 maintenance engineer.

5 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Nicely laid out diorama and great models too! My congratulations!

The only question - did you mean 'Spring of Severomorsk-3'? Severomorsk-3 is the wild place in Murmansk region where my granddad served for 7 years in Soviet Naval Aviation being a Tu-16 maintenance engineer.

I means Russian Naval 279 Group located, I can not sure in english it is "Severomorsk-3" or "Horth Murmansk-3 " translate from Chinese 北摩尔曼斯克-3. And very nice to see you!

5 hours ago, Tomcat21 said:

I means Russian Naval 279 Group located, I can not sure in english it is "Severomorsk-3" or "Horth Murmansk-3 " translate from Chinese 北摩尔曼斯克-3. And very nice to see you!

Severomorsk is literally translated to English as North Sea Town. So yes - we're speaking about the same airbase :)

And yes - great pleasure to see that someone knows about this remote airbase and created such a nice diorama to  display a day in its life!!!

Edited by Dennis_C

18 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Severomorsk is literally translated to English as North Sea Town. So yes - we're speaking about the same airbase :)

And yes - great pleasure to see that someone knows about this remote airbase and created such a nice diorama to  display a day in its life!!!

Nice to you! I will edit my topic. thank you very much!

• Like 1

beautiful work. The models are built and finished in a fantastic fashion, but the diorama is also composed in an artistic and interesting way. I can see the stories playing out, and the balance is perfect. Shepard Paine would be proud! 

Top marks, my friend!