Dragon 1/48 Mistel 2

Hi, I'm not into WW2 modelling but your build impresses me ! flawless execution, mottling is perfect!  I have some good memories of the Dragon kits, because in the early 90's, when I was a teenager, my local supermarket stocked revell kits, and someday they would stock italeri kits.... strangely enough, italeri had the distribution of dragon in that time, so my little small supermarket in a   local community of about 1500 people stocked Dragon kits (!), and, 1991, Dragon was the reference in super detailed ww2 aircraft, they had the whole range, 1/144 aircraft, tanks and figures, too! useless to say, everytime we visited the supermarket I wouldn't want to leave! 

thanks for the Memories!  lovely build ! 

Olli

Congrats on this years first completion and what an absolute cracker it is too!!

That is some exquisite paintwork that you have applied there, a really well done piece that captures the sheer desperation that the Germans turned to in the latter months of the war.

Phil

16 hours ago, celt said:

Ingenious lot,the Luftwaffe.Well tidy mun.:clap2:

Thanks much

Cheers

Randy

10 hours ago, One-Two said:

Unusual subject...I like it.

It looks pretty spectacular.

Great build.

Much appreciated

Cheers

Randy

9 hours ago, ROBOT said:

Hi, I'm not into WW2 modelling but your build impresses me ! flawless execution, mottling is perfect!  I have some good memories of the Dragon kits, because in the early 90's, when I was a teenager, my local supermarket stocked revell kits, and someday they would stock italeri kits.... strangely enough, italeri had the distribution of dragon in that time, so my little small supermarket in a   local community of about 1500 people stocked Dragon kits (!), and, 1991, Dragon was the reference in super detailed ww2 aircraft, they had the whole range, 1/144 aircraft, tanks and figures, too! useless to say, everytime we visited the supermarket I wouldn't want to leave! 

thanks for the Memories!  lovely build ! 

Olli

HI Olli

Thanks much for the compliments on my Mistel.  While Dragon kits can be tough to build, they do offer a nice amount of detail and build up into a good looking model.

Cheers

Randy

8 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Congrats on this years first completion and what an absolute cracker it is too!!

That is some exquisite paintwork that you have applied there, a really well done piece that captures the sheer desperation that the Germans turned to in the latter months of the war.

Phil

Thanks much Phil

Cheers

Randy

On 2/27/2017 at 10:51 AM, bearmatt said:

Excellent! Showing close-ups like this is proof of the quality you achieved. Love it

Thank you.  

There are a lot of subtle details on the model that are only noticeable in close-up.

Cheers

Randy

13 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

Hey Randy, that build took a whole lot of work. Well done !!                    Bob H.

Thanks Bob

Ya,it was a little more work than usual, but I really wanted a Mistel in my case.

Cheers

Randy

19 hours ago, pheonix said:

That is a very impressive piece of modelling. In 1/48 scale that must be a pretty big model too!

P

Thanks much.

Ya, it is a fair size and my display cabinets are so full it is in storage along with my Lancaster and Catalina.

Cheers

Randy