Hello again. This is Special Hobby Ro-43. Sincerely not a bad kit but with some strange shortcomings like too short front arms on the main float. It is definitely not a kit for beginners and can give headaches at a certain point. A very unusual subject indeed. best regards.

DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0098.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg
DSC_0101.jpg
DSC_0104.jpg
DSC_0105.jpg

• Like 49

Congratulations that sir is a cracker. :thumbsup: :worthy: :clap:

This is the first built one of these I have seen and it looks the business. I have always been intrigued by the red stripes on the top wing for Italian aircraft of this era. I always wondered if it was to make them more visible if they ditched at sea ? The old Felixstowe flying boats did a simular thing in World War One.

Can I ask how long it took you to build it ?

cheers Pat :cheers:

Hello Jockney. It took me about ten days BUT! I did double checked my references, isolating the "where to improve" areas in order to progress fast. The float was treated as a model in its own right and fixing it to the fuselage was worth reading Ruydard Kipling again! BTW you suppose rightly about the red stripes a common feature of the Italian floatplanes. Cheers to Scott the Brave from France.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I have always been intrigued by the red stripes on the top wing for Italian aircraft of this era. I always wondered if it was to make them more visible if they ditched at sea ? The old Felixstowe flying boats did a simular thing in World War One.

According to the Stormo web site, red stripes were applied to upper wing to facilitate spotting of crashed aircraft during the Ethiopian conflict.

--------------------------

btw, great looking build!  :cool:

regards,

Jack

10 days ?!?? 😭 It would take me 10 months to get to the point when I eventually mess it all up and toss it in the trash !! 

VERY IMPRESSING BUILD! 

...10 days for a biplane with floats and Rigging?! please edit your post, there MUST be something WRONG 🤔

SERIOUSLY, most impressing build, inspires me to build a float plane too,....

thanks for sharing, Olli

Hello Robot. This is just a matter of preparation and practice. I usually do about 22/25 models a year, I just know my job!:yes: Herewith a link to my Ro43 build which took me even less time because it is a fighter version. Judge by yourself,cheers

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/D-520/slideshow/Ro44

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Hello Robot. This is just a matter of preparation and practice. I usually do about 22/25 models a year, I just know my job!:yes: Herewith a link to my Ro43 build which took me even less time because it is a fighter version. Judge by yourself,cheers

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/D-520/slideshow/Ro44

Really a great job!!!  :yes::yes:

10 days ??? Wow, it's simply incredible for my standards, you are my idol now.:clap2:

If I may... the fighter version is the Ro.44, I believe.:D

Well thank you again! And to finish the job, here are two shots with the birds on their dollies. Best regards and have a nice WE!(I just realize that the cowling of the Ro44 needs some repair, Done!)

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
Member's total reputation
Edited by Zigomar
  • Like 2