BAe Harrier Gr9A, ZD433 - Airfix 1:72

3 hours ago, NontasB said:

Well Done Giorgio!!

Excellent final result and very nice photos of the finished model!!

What's next?

Regards,

Nontas

Cheers Nontas, thank you! :thumbsup:  What's next? I'll post a link my new project on the Harrier WIP thred, stay tuned ... :coolio:  :winkgrin: 

50 minutes ago, Harley John said:

Superb work.

Thank you, John! :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Old Viper Tester said:

Fantastic Harrier Giorgio, simply fantastic.

Sven

Old Viper Tester

Cheers Sven, thank you - I'm really glad you like her! :thumbsup: 

Ciao

17 hours ago, Bedders said:

Really nice. Love the colour variation on different parts of the airframe. Pity these are now history.

Justin

Thank you Justin :thumbsup: A pity indeed; I knew very little about the Harriers before starting this build; I now know a bit more, and it's a very interesting subject. In Italy we still have some AV8+ in service with the Italian Navy - might be an idea for a future build :hmmm: 

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Superb build and finish Giemme,you have made what is considered a boring scheme very interesting,great job!

Cheers Steve, thank you! :thumbsup: The three tone grey camouflage is not that boring after all, so not entirely up to me making it interesting :winkgrin: 

6 hours ago, Builder said:

Very nice mate. Great photos too.

Thank you Builder :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Leonl said:

Superb!  

Thank you Leon, I'm really glad you like her :thumbsup: Thanks a lot for following and supporting along the build thread, too.

Ciao

6 hours ago, giemme said:

In Italy we still have some AV8+ in service with the Italian Navy - might be an idea for a future build :hmmm: 

:frantic::christmas::penguin:

- so here's a diorama idea that is far too good to save for when I have the necessary time/skill in the dim & distant future: What about 3 near identical models depicting the same AV-8B+ aircraft in transition from wing-borne to jet-borne flight or vice versa? Wheels up, nozzles back, gear part-extended, nozzles moving, gear down / nozzles down. WIth your skills, Giemme...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

:frantic::christmas::penguin:

- so here's a diorama idea that is far too good to save for when I have the necessary time/skill in the dim & distant future: What about 3 near identical models depicting the same AV-8B+ aircraft in transition from wing-borne to jet-borne flight or vice versa? Wheels up, nozzles back, gear part-extended, nozzles moving, gear down / nozzles down. WIth your skills, Giemme...

Very imaginative! :thumbsup: Any idea about the kit to be used to represent an Italian AV8+? 

Then I need to search for a sponsor for that build, and it's also going to take almost one year to be done .... :frantic::D 

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Outstanding build, the details and the flawless paint job are excellent.:clap2:

Cheers Bernd, thank you! :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giemme said:

Very imaginative! :thumbsup: Any idea about the kit to be used to represent an Italian AV8+? 

Then I need to search for a sponsor for that build, and it's also going to take almost one year to be done .... :frantic::D 

It would definitely need a sponsor or some crowd funding!

I *think* the consensus is that the Airfix is the best starting point for ANY 1:72 Harrier II, but you'd want some donor nose sections (radome & FLIR) from somewhere. Is there a Hasegawa Italian B+ in 1:72? I recently managed to find the 1:48 one but they're not cheap. Would provide markings though - and a passable Stencel seat...

Good luck and let me know the Kickstarter page when start fundraising. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F-32 said:

Nicely done, a quality build

Cheers F-32, thank you! :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

It would definitely need a sponsor or some crowd funding!

I *think* the consensus is that the Airfix is the best starting point for ANY 1:72 Harrier II, but you'd want some donor nose sections (radome & FLIR) from somewhere. Is there a Hasegawa Italian B+ in 1:72? I recently managed to find the 1:48 one but they're not cheap. Would provide markings though - and a passable Stencel seat...

Good luck and let me know the Kickstarter page when start fundraising. :D

We only have I think 8 of the model, so I don't believe anybody took the hassle of boxing an Italian decals version. But I haven't looked yet, so who knows...

Ciao

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Here. Can't find any aftermarket decals on Hannants' site though.

Thanks Kirk :thumbsup:  So apparently the subject had some interest. It seems long discontinued though, the quest is going to take some time ... :( 

Ciao

They do pop up once in a blue moon on ebay.. "Saved search" is the answer here. :)

Having said that, I've got a Hasegawa 1:72 GR7 in the stash and whilst its OK, the Airfix is much better. I seem to recall that there is no wheel bay or airbrake detail and the cockpit is pretty basic. Could be an expensive way to buy a few decals.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Was never  a Harrier fan myself (sacrilege :)) - but can't help making an exception for this one Giorgio.  Typically neat and detailed build and lovely painting.  Inspirational stuff.

Thanks Steve, much appreciated! :thumbsup: Great to see you back on BM, BTW.

Exception after exception, now my goal is to drag your attention to WWII Italian aircraft.... :whistle::D

Ciao

Oh my goodness Giorgio

So much clean detail packed into such a small kit.

The build and finish is sublime.

Congratulations my friend

Well done indeed.

Out of interest .....where and how do you display your fine artworks??

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Cheers Bruce, thank you very much! :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Winenut said:

Out of interest .....where and how do you display your fine artworks??

They're all on display, in a nice hardware store shelf ... in my garage. The only model I ever actually displayed is Sandy Bay-Bee (the F-4C Phantom in my signature), that I took to a local (supposedly national) show and won a bronze in her category.

Ciao

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

That is an outstanding 1/72 model. One to be proud of.

BM.

Cheers BM, thanks for the appreciation :thumbsup: 

Ciao