F1 2017. Now with new race by race predictions

shood23

Right guys so it's that time of year again when all the cars for the forthcoming season get released. This year is slightly more interesting than the last few due to the change in aero regs so some new and hopefully different/ingenious designs come out. 

Here's what we have so far (pictures have been enhanced slightly as they were very dark so hopefully you can see more of the details now)

Williams FW40. Not fw39 due to it being Williams 40th anniversary.

20170225_103259_zpskjan4yi3.jpg

20170225_103333_zpsmqojp6ko.jpg

Sauber c36. Also saubers 25th year in f1 

AU1536416_zpsbxairort.jpg

f1-sauber-c36-launch-2017-sauber-c36_zps

Renault r.s.17

f1-renault-sport-f1-team-rs17-launch-201

f1-renault-sport-f1-team-rs17-launch-201

Force India VJM10. 

C5Rni8XWEAMT_AV_zpsjlboj4sn.jpg

Mercedes W08

f1-mercedes-amg-f1-w08-hybrid-launch-201

f1-mercedes-amg-f1-w08-hybrid-launch-201

Ferrari SF-70H

FB_IMG_1487927142126_zpsff2xjiz4.jpg

Mclaren mcl32

FB_IMG_1487935274870_zpsx2brqrkc.jpg

FB_IMG_1487935281572_zpss8tqdpom.jpg

Red bull rb13

Screenshot_20170226-121504_zpsngkqlzc8.p

Haas VF-17

f1-haas-f1-team-vf-17-launch-2017-haas-f

Toro rosso str12

f1-scuderia-toro-rosso-str12-launch-2017

More to follow as they come. 

Launch date that have been confirmed so far. 

February 17: Williams FW40. Done 

February 20: Sauber C36. Done 

February 21: Renault RS17.Done

February 22: Force India VJM10.Done

February 23: Mercedes W08.Done

February 24: Ferrari SF-70 H.Done 

February 24: McLaren MCL32.Done

February 26: Red Bull RB13.Done

February 26: Toro Rosso STR12.Done 

February 26: Haas VF17.Done 

Shaun 

Edited by shood23
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

I thought there was supposed to be a frame over the cockpit to stop the mega-rich 'superstar' getting his helmet scratched?

The Fia couldn't mandate it apparently for this year but it's looking like 2018 will definitely have some form of head protection. 

1 hour ago, MetroRacing said:

The colours on that Sauber remind me of Rothmans for some reason. Not more subliminal advertising is it? Lol

Ashley

I didn't think of that until now but yeah your right it does look very rothmans porsche of the 80s. 

Shaun

9 hours ago, injidup said:

Will the McLaren be orange??? Shame there's no MP4 any more since the departure of Ron.

Yeah I'm not to fond of the new name for the mclaren and they do keep hinting at there being quite a bit of orange on the car, there was supposedly a picture of a paint gun inside mclaren with a few subtle orange drops yesterday but it's anyone's guess how real the picture was. 

Shaun

With only the 2 cars out so far, nothing spectacular, I haven't been a great lover of the the front nose for a few years now and it looks like all they've done is stretch it even further, the front wing looks good though. I see the 'shark fin' behind the air box is making a comeback aswell. 

I still love the Williams with its Martini livery, I just hope its more competitive than last year.

I do hope the Mclaren changes livery but if they go orange I think it needs to be all orange, I've seen a few images with orange and black livery and thought straight away of the Spiker team! Not good.

John

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

I thought there was supposed to be a frame over the cockpit to stop the mega-rich 'superstar' getting his helmet scratched?;)

Or you know, be injured by a part coming off the car in front like Massa, or killed by a loose wheel like Henry Surtees in F2 the other year.

Think before you type maybe? Some safety related improvements are warranted, regardless of how much you like or dislike the chap in the cockpit.

• Like 1

My post was written 'tongue in cheek'. See the wink emoticon? I don't have any particular 'likes' or dislikes for the drivers but respect what they do and I'm fully aware of the dangers to those who take part and indeed spectate in all forms of motorsport. In a written forum I realise it is hard to judge the 'tone' of a post and thank you for pointing out I must think.  I know what I'm thinking now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shood23 said:

The Fia couldn't mandate it apparently for this year but it's looking like 2018 will definitely have some form of head protection. 

Shaun

Thanks for clarifying that question Shaun in a calm and straightforward manner.

10 hours ago, injidup said:

Now, I realise it's early days with only 3 cars having been launched, but which would we like to see Mr. Ebbro bring out as a kit?

So far, Williams for me!

Yep I said exactly the same to my other half last night. The only problem is the front wings remind me of the Ferrari f1-2000 tamiya kit. Personally I'm eager to see more before I decide on what car I want to see in model form but you know ebbro will .osteoporosis probably do the mclaren. Also I'm not sure how reliable the source is but there are rumours going round that Renault will change the livery again before the season making the black areas blue like the mid 2000s Renault, if they did this I would definitely want that as a model. 

Shaun

12 hours ago, injidup said:

Now, I realise it's early days with only 3 cars having been launched, but which would we like to see Mr. Ebbro bring out as a kit?

So far, Williams for me!

Williams also and has been a wish for a number of years now, I love the Martini livery.

John

2 hours ago, shood23 said:

Also I'm not sure how reliable the source is but there are rumours going round that Renault will change the livery again before the season making the black areas blue like the mid 2000s Renault, if they did this I would definitely want that as a model.

If the model is issued, there's nothing to stop you painting the black bits blue!

TBH, it'll be interesting to see what happens this year.

Especially with Bernie "Greedy Guts"  gone & to see what Liberty can bring in, id be happy if a better deal can be put together to bring every race live back to terrestrial TV.

Its a shame we didn't see Rosberg defend his title, but im hoping we can see a resurgence of the other teams to try & take it to Mercedes.

Im also hoping that McLaren can come back to their glory days again, I think they could be the dark horse this season along with Renault & to see what Ferrari might do as they are going to lose their $100 million a year "Ferrari just being in F1" bonus.

Reading some F1 websites, that Lance Stroll is saying that's there's more to him than the $80 million his dad has paid for his drive, the jury is still out on that one, but he has won pretty much every championship coming up to F1, but you cant say his talent ALONE has got him the vacant seat at Williams.

Also to see Massa come back out of retirement as Bottas got the seat at Mercedes, to the hest of Martini (as they wanted a driver over the age of 25), why go back to Massa when they have Paul Di Resta chomping at the bit trying to get back into F1 as their reserve driver.

Its a great shame that Pascal Wherlien has done everything that Mercedes has asked of him & he's been snubbed AGAIN.

Going back to Bernie,

Don't get me wrong he's done a fantastic job, but his greed for more wealth & only going to countries that have money & ripping off tracks that cant afford to host a GP anymore & we have lost iconic tracks to new ones that are so boring & again to the fact he put F1 to Sky & now terrestrial TV is losing the rights to ALL live races to Sky as of 2019 is beyond a joke.

With Vettel's & Alonso's contracts both coming up at the end of this year, where will Bottas go next year?

As Mercedes have only signed Bottas to a one year deal.

Like I said above it'll be great to see what Liberty can do, as they actually listen to the fans instead of Bernie just listening to those who can line his pockets.

Wayne.

Edited by Deadman Disciple

Force India added to the show. 

My opinion the force India is the worst looking car so far, big nose almost as bad as 2014 spec, the shark find is way to basic and to top it off the stepped nose is back. It's almost as if fI said what's the worst design parts of the last few years well let's put them on are car.  It looks far too primitive so I am hoping by the time testing starts or by the first race the area concept changes a lot. 

Shaun.  

1 hour ago, Chimpion said:

If the model is issued, there's nothing to stop you painting the black bits blue!

Can't do that, when it comes to f1 I stick to what the real car has mainly. But if the rumours are true and ebbro/tamiya/fujimi make it then there are no problems lol 

1 hour ago, Deadman Disciple said:

TBH, it'll be interesting to see what happens this year.

Especially with Bernie "Greedy Guts"  gone & to see what Liberty can bring in, id be happy if a better deal can be put together to bring every race live back to terrestrial TV.

Im also hoping that McLaren can come back to their glory days again, I think they could be the dark horse this season along with Renault & to see what Ferrari might do as they are going to lose their $100 million a year "Ferrari just being in F1" bonus.

Reading some F1 websites, that Lance Stroll is saying that's there's more to him than the $80 million his dad has paid for his drive, the jury is still out on that one, but he has won pretty much every championship coming up to F1, but you cant say his talent ALONE has got him the vacant seat at Williams.

Also to see Massa come back out of retirement as Bottas got the seat at Mercedes, to the hest of Martini (as they wanted a driver over the age of 25), why go back to Massa when they have Paul Di Resta chomping at the bit trying to get back into F1 as their reserve driver.

Its a great shame that Pascal Wherlien has done everything that Mercedes has asked of him & he's been snubbed AGAIN.

Going back to Bernie,

Don't get me wrong he's done a fantastic job, but his greed for more wealth & only going to countries that have money & ripping off tracks that cant afford to host a GP anymore & we have lost iconic tracks to new ones that are so boring & again to the fact he put F1 to Sky & now terrestrial TV is losing the rights to ALL live races to Sky as of 2019 is beyond a joke.

With Vettel's & Alonso's contracts both coming up at the end of this year, where will Bottas go next year?

As Mercedes have only signed Bottas to a one year deal.

Like I said above it'll be great to see what Liberty can do, as they actually listen to the fans instead of Bernie just listening to those who can line his pockets.

Wayne.

I'm hoping liberty stand back for a year just to observe then bring in the right changes. 

I may be biased on the whole Ferrari money thing so not too much to say other than I think any team that has been in f1 as 1 team for over 20-25 years consecutively deserve a bonus. The Mercedes and Renault ones bonuses are silly. Williams and mclaren deserve them and maybe even Sauber.

I agree with the stroll point but he could surprise everyone and be a mega talent that just didn't get the recognition he served in the junior formula due to the whole rich dad thing.

Wherlien for me is a little petulant and I don't know but there is just something about him that I just don't like. If he performs this year then he will go up the grid, if not I think he's gone. 

I too would like to see better free view coverage of f1 and also a lower track ticket prices, I would like to take my mini mes to watch a race but for 5 people it's just way too expensive at this point. 

Vettel and alonso places will all depends on the teams performance.

For me this could be a very pivotal season for a lot of people in each team and the new owners. 

Shaun

1 hour ago, shood23 said:

Force India added to the show. 

My opinion the force India is the worst looking car so far, big nose almost as bad as 2014 spec, the shark find is way to basic and to top it off the stepped nose is back. It's almost as if fI said what's the worst design parts of the last few years well let's put them on are car.  It looks far too primitive so I am hoping by the time testing starts or by the first race the area concept changes a lot. 

Shaun.  

The FI is definately the worst car at the moment. They said its 95% all new - Hmmm i wonder if this is a good idea.

Time will see how well it goes up against the rest. Looking forward to seeing what merc release tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Timbo343 said:

The FI is definately the worst car at the moment. They said its 95% all new - Hmmm i wonder if this is a good idea.

Time will see how well it goes up against the rest. Looking forward to seeing what merc release tomorrow.

Surely new regs should of required a 100% new car lol but It is an ugly duckling, maybe they are hoping for a Ferrari f2012 luck and do good with a bad car. 

Yep the big boys are coming out over the next couple of days, Merc tomorrow then Ferrari and mclaren the day after and rbr on Sunday. 

Shaun 

I do give force India a little credit as this nose solution was just pointed out to me and it does look to be a very clever interpretation of the rules though they could have painted it in 1 colour all over so it didn't look like the male appendage nose frome 2014. 

FB_IMG_1487781964309_zpsfnhsspv1.jpg

Shaun