What paint for Tiger I S33 of 2nd SS Pd Das Reich Kursk 1943

lifeofbrian

I asked on that site, but the question was deleted, I guess it's a trade secret.:huh:

On 22/02/2017 at 2:55 AM, steveinnscotia said:

Chris Wauchop has a site called "Static Capital" The models are exquisite. As for paint colours, Jack G has nailed it, The choice of paint manufacturers is yours to pick, unless Chris Wauchop can reveal his particular choices ?

49 minutes ago, lifeofbrian said:

I asked on that site, but the question was deleted, I guess it's a trade secret.:huh:

Primadonnatastic!  :rolleyes:

The green does looks somewhere about halfway between feldgrau and olivegrun.....Pretty sure you could match it with any one of several brands, I find Tamiyas easy to use personally.  B)

Yeah Tamiya is my go to paint, I have a few paints that are very close, I think I'll do some testing on some scrap styrene.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:05 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Primadonnatastic!  :rolleyes:

The green does looks somewhere about halfway between feldgrau and olivegrun.....Pretty sure you could match it with any one of several brands, I find Tamiyas easy to use personally.  B)

Edited by lifeofbrian

Just a thought, if Chris used washes and weathered his Tiger to any degree, that would alter the appearance of the colours he used.  My guess would be a base of dunkelgelb and olivegrun, then weathered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...