This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Branky

Novelties Roden 2017

29 posts in this topic

From the Dutch Roden Distributor comes the following list of Roden 2017 novelties. Main news are the C5 Galaxies 1/144

New Releases Schedule 2017

Scale February
new 713 72 FWD Model B 3 ton & BL 8-inch howitzer Mk.VI
  326 144 Bristol 175 Britannia African Safari
  328 144 Vickers VC-10 K4 Type 1170 tanker
      March
  809 35 Dodge M-42 3/4 ton 4x4 Command truck
new 717 72 Vauxhall D-type Red cross
      May
new 330 144 Lockheed C-5B Galaxy
new 716 72 BL 8-inch howitzer Mk.VI
      July
new 620 32 Cessna O-2 Skymaster
  331 144 Lockheed C-141B Starlifter
      September
new 409 48 Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

October
  811 35 Dodge M-43 US 3/4 ton 4x4 Ambulance
  334 144 Lockheed C-140B JetStar (L-1329) Germany Air Force
      November
new 333 144 Douglas C-133 Cargomaster 
  332 144 Lockheed C-5M Super Galaxy
      December
  813 35 Dodge V-41 3/4 ton 4x4 Telephone Maintenance truck
new 814 35 BL 8-inch howitzer Mk.VI

7 people like this

Wow! not one but two plastic kits of the C-5 Galaxy (C-5B & C-5M) plus a C-133 Cargomaster in 1:144 scale .  :clap:

That could affect those who have been holding on to their Otaki C-5's though. :hmmm:

Mike

2 people like this

Good to see the C-5's and the FAC aircraft on there. 

Good news - I expected Revell to rerelease the Otaki C-5 sooner or later. Nice to hear that a new tool will come.

The 1:48 O-1 Bird Dog is nice too - hopefully they will release an L-5 Sentinel next - with some nice nose arts :-)

C-5 and 48th O-1...:yahoo: 

More than a year ago I had email to Roden suggesting 1/144 C-5 family and they never reply but now they just do it.

Apart from Avionic and cockpit instrumentation upgrades,isn't the only exterior difference on the C-5M the Military CF6 and probably new pylons in place of the TF39 and instalations ?

Cargomaster - yes!. Picked up a C-5 last year though, and a decent decal sheet.  I just need to pick up a Herk, then I'll have the full range of trash haulers.

Hmmm...interested to see how the L-19/O-1 compares with the USA Models kit, particularly since I recently purchased one of the latter. 

Wow, C-5 and C-133, Roden got serious as I expected after their VC10 and C-141.

Now they might do their An-12 and Fairchild C-123 in 1/144.

And then finally make a C-160 Transall, B-52, C-130, KC-10 and... An-225 :D

They certainly seem to be aiming at the 1/144 trash hauler market, though I was hoping for a short fuselage VC10 to follow on from the Super. Out with the saw, I guess.

Meanwhile, surely a Hercules will pitch up at some point. Or even a Belfast...

1 person likes this

Looking forward to the C-5, and Caracal decals are releasing a sheet for it too.

Has roden stopped making 72nd scale world war 1 kits ?  I believe almost every single of their WW1 kits are decade + old .  They are still good kits and generally the only one of the subject and it will be great if they could make even more .... 

Edited by Basuroy

The C-133 is certainly good news as are the C-5's. Still have the original Otaki kit and a Revell  re-issue in the stash, a decent model for it's time. 

I certainly hope for a Belfast!!!!!!  XR367 for me! Plus the C-130 seeing as the Minicraft ones have all but disappeared.

1 person likes this

Brilliant news for sure, as someone who only wants to build USAF stuff in 1/144th, I'm well happy!

On 2017-02-20 at 8:42 AM, bzn20 said:

Apart from Avionic and cockpit instrumentation upgrades,isn't the only exterior difference on the C-5M the Military CF6 and probably new pylons in place of the TF39 and instalations ?

I think there were also some external changes to the skin and the APU exhausts changed in some way. I asked at Oshkosh last year, I don't recall the exact answers.

1 person likes this

Couldn't they just make one C-5 kit with the original kit and the newer C-5M ?

5 hours ago, sofiane1718 said:

What is the "original kit"?

I think what bnz20 is getting at is to include the C-5M parts in the C-5B release in May

C133 is fine by me,but what we need is a Hercules with no issues  and as good as their Britannia.  Oh ! And a Belfast :D

On 21/02/2017 at 8:24 PM, Basuroy said:

Has roden stopped making 72nd scale world war 1 kits ?  I believe almost every single of their WW1 kits are decade + old .  They are still good kits and generally the only one of the subject and it will be great if they could make even more .... 

They seem to have - the last new release were the Nieuport 23/24/27 series in 2012. Although they have done a few WW1 vehicles, I was hoping for a Sopwith Triplane or Pup from them.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

I think what bnz20 is getting at is to include the C-5M parts in the C-5B release in May

Yep, thanks, good idea for us customers, but not for roden :D

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

They seem to have - the last new release were the Nieuport 23/24/27 series in 2012. Although they have done a few WW1 vehicles, I was hoping for a Sopwith Triplane or Pup from them.

precisely what I was thinking , I am presently building the revell 72nd scale sopwith triplane ( it appears to be half century old ) along with the roden fokker DVIII kit and how I wish the triplane was of similar finesse as the fokker .... 

What is the nieuport 27 like ? I have had it on my wishlist for some time now . 

Edited by Basuroy