Autoblinda AB41 Tunisia 1943 grey scheme? Help.

spoondog13

Hi, Building 6 Autoblinda's,  one is an AB41 from Centauro Armoured Division Tunisia 1943

I have a set of Armo decals (Africa 1941-43 part 2) the crummy instruction sheet is a b&w photocopy

and its impossible to discern between the colours.The vehicle is either overall panzergrau (Humbrol 67) or Dark green (Hu 30) or Sabbia

(Hu 102)

There is a Churchill III 25th tank brigade Tunisia 1943 which is one of the above colours

different to the AB41, and Carro Commando M40 in the same colour as the AB41.

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers Rod

Hi all,

I still have a question is it sand or a green?  Instructions list Humbrol 102 (Matt Army green)but Sabbia is sand is it not?(I take it that it could be Giallo Sabbia scuro (lifecolor UA 218) OR Humbrol 102 any guess which one best suits a AB41 in Tunsia 1943?

cheers Rod

I'd go with the Italian sand colour, it was still the factory standard for vehicles to be delivered in that shade, even in Europe.

The fact that instructions and illustrations show two different paint schemes indicate there is a mistake somewhere on their part.  There is a decent collection of photos here on the autoblinda:

http://www.italie1935-45.com/regio-esercito/materiels/item/211-ab-40-et-41

I've also a photo fact file publication from Italy on the autoblinda, and among the 14 colour plates, not one is depicted in solid green.  This doesn't necessarily mean it didn't exist, but if it did, it was not the standard. 

Back to Tunisia, there is an interesting scheme of one in desert colour, with the top half of the turret painted in Italian flag colours all around, the uppermost being green, followed by white and red at the bottom.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG