Tamiya 1/35th Cromwell

Well, after a prolonged build I've finally finished.

Built pretty much out of the box but with the Eduard etched set. Decals are Tamiya's own for C Squadron, 5th RTR, 22nd Armoured Brigade, 7th AD.

DSCF3041_zpsdktmlmzq.jpg

Tank crew are a mixture of the figure that comes with the kit plus others from Tamiya's Bren Carrier. The Infantry figures are from one of the really useful Mini Art sets which I really like.

Everything was painted almost exclusively with Vallejo acrylics. More details in my WIP thread.

DSCF3043_zpsir2elpg1.jpg

DSCF3037_zpsqhnewzww.jpg

DSCF3028_zps3w9nt3te.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Edited by Bangor Lad
typo
  • Like 29

Great looking Cromwell Sir.

I like the dynamic poses of the figures and the finsh pint on both figures and vehicle including weathering is first rate .

Superb job 

• Like 1

Excellent result ! The well build and painted figures add a lot of "live".

I will have a look in your WIP, a Cromwell is on my "to build list" but in 1:72. Guess there are some helpful informations.

• Like 1

Hi Bangor Lad,

That's a superb Cromwell, made even better by the natural-looking and crew/tank riders. You've picked a nice bunch of figures there, with not one looking 'forced' into place. The poses are relaxed and realistic.

I can spot the MiniArt figures as I used them to ride on my Churchill, but yours are streets ahead of mine on the painting front. It' about time I bit the bullet and tried oils myself.

Thanks for sharing,

Badder

ps, the short grass is great too!

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Bangor Lad,

That's a superb Cromwell, made even better by the natural-looking and crew/tank riders. You've picked a nice bunch of figures there, with not one looking 'forced' into place. The poses are relaxed and realistic.

I can spot the MiniArt figures as I used them to ride on my Churchill, but yours are streets ahead of mine on the painting front. It' about time I bit the bullet and tried oils myself.

Thanks for sharing,

Badder

ps, the short grass is great too!

Thanks Badder

I really like MiniArt figure sets. Very natural. They're all painted with acrylics. Faces and hands are from a Lifecolor set, the rest Vallejo. Give them ago :) 

The grass is short static grass applied through one of those weird little puffer bottles. Airbrushed with a medium earth colour and a bright grass green over the top.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bangor Lad said:

Thanks Badder

I really like MiniArt figure sets. Very natural. They're all painted with acrylics. Faces and hands are from a Lifecolor set, the rest Vallejo. Give them ago :) 

The grass is short static grass applied through one of those weird little puffer bottles. Airbrushed with a medium earth colour and a bright grass green over the top.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, ah acrylics,  my mistake.

What are those puffer bottles like? I saw some chap use one in a video but he was a bit cack-handed and it didn't look user friendly and the results looked a bit messy. What name do they sell under?

Cheers,

Bader

31 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Dave, ah acrylics,  my mistake.

What are those puffer bottles like? I saw some chap use one in a video but he was a bit cack-handed and it didn't look user friendly and the results looked a bit messy. What name do they sell under?

Cheers,

Bader

Hi Badder

The one I use is by Gaugemaster. Very simple to use. Fill it with the static grass, give it a really good shake and puff the grass onto wet PVA.  

Cheers

Dave

12 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Tamiya's Cromwell is no spring chicken but it still builds into a great kit & you've certainly done it justice.

The figures are excellent as well, did you use decals on the uniforms?

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for the compliment. It's a mix of decals on the uniforms and some painting. The MiniArt figures have raised detail for the shoulder titles, divisional patches and stripes which makes painting a bit easier.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1