Special Hobby 1/48th Spitfire Mk.Vc 'Czech Squadrons'

Almost 2 years ago I set to work on converting the main bathroom & en-suite into wet rooms, along with re-fitting the cloakroom. The result was no time at all for modelling and hours of fun doing DIY. Well the work was worth it, the wife is happy and I've finally managed to get back into modelling. This is the first of 2 kits finished this weekend, the Special Hobby Spitfire Mk.Vc 'Czech Squadrons' boxing. It's a kit that takes a bit of work to beat into submission and, whilst it's still Supermarine's finest, it's not my best work. Truth be told, I just wanted it off the bench. I added a set of metal barrels to it, which are certainly better than the resin bits that come with the kit. I also wanted to do it in the markings of a 310 (Czech) Squadron aircraft, having seen the Shuttleworth Spitfire fly in these markings for many years. The decals came from an Aeromaster set. Painting was done using Xtracrylix paints and followed by Future for the gloss and Xtracrylix Matt to dull it all back down. The positive of it all is that I'm back in the game and looking forward to getting back to a better standard. Onto the pictures and, as always, comments and critique are welcome

Pete

001_zpsqwivgxsk.jpg

005_zpsjc7mqe4t.jpg

007_zps2thlkvqc.jpg

009_zpsdp0dowwr.jpg

010_zpsvhfu7obl.jpg

013_zpslrylraqq.jpg

015_zpsuepdlpif.jpg

016_zpsjnns59nq.jpg

017_zpssr0zewte.jpg

018_zpsitclahc0.jpg

• Like 27