Jet Provost and a splash of dayglo!

This build was part of the cause of me nearly giving up. Not the kit, it was and is a fine one to build. It was those decals but I turned to the set by Xtradecal which had this Cranwell example on and was also in my desired period finish of painted aluminium and dayglo.  The dayglo paint is Revell thinned with cellulose thinners and airbrushed. A strange thing occured whle doing this . Long strands of flourescent 'spider web' like came out! It was easy enough to brush of but it was weird!  

Anyway here are the pics of my build of XN577/45 1960's.

IMG_1789_zpsqrg3lmfv.jpg

IMG_1790_zpsdjxcqpmk.jpg

IMG_1791_zpspdjhz9yo.jpg

IMG_1792_zpssaa7vj1a.jpg

IMG_1793_zps6qstrfp4.jpg

IMG_1794_zpsmabaigj6.jpg

IMG_1795_zpsm8fmcn0e.jpg

IMG_1796_zpsvk2eu4rx.jpg

As for the remaining decals of the Airfix kit, they work beautifully. Its just those dayglo strips. I reckon they don't stick because there is no carrier film around the edges of them and  so nothing to help them adhere to the model Also I experimented and found that a couple coats of Humbrol enamel clear gloss varnish helps and aided with  pretty  hot water. I found this when experimenting with them and trying them on an Airfix Chipmunk by cutting them to suit.

ps: By the way, I left that centre frame to the canopy because a picture I have of the same period shows that this was the case!!

• Like 17