Alouette lll ,1/72

Hewy

I'm  going to build this little helicopter from heller,the alouette lll ,in 1/72 scale, i usually build in 1/48

But this caught my eye on a trip to the local model shop,and it will make a nice distraction from the yak 28p im building in the  nato/war,pac 70s group build, its got raised panel lines ,i may scribe them ,and do a few rivets, and I'll see if i can detail the engine a bit, i won't be buying any aftermarket accessories for it,it was only a few quid and i reckon i can milk the enjoyment out of this without any more expense,,cheers

Glynn

20170219_162346_zpsrdbhjo6o.jpg

• Like 1

Climb aboard, scimitar,theres not a lot to the kit is there ,but no doubt I'll make it more difficult than it needs to be ,been looking at decals but they cost nearly twice what the kit cost,so unless some cheap ones fall in to my lap its the gendarmerie one,cheers

Glynn

One side has been scribed and riveted and what i believe are foot holds ? Have been drilled through  there looks to be a bit of detail behind them ill have a go at creating that before i join the two halves,

Glynn

20170219_202330_zpsf26svok4.jpg

• Like 2

Most interesting! As it happens I have a Fujimi 1/48 build on the bench at the moment so I have to be interested in this thread. :popcorn:

Martian

• Like 1

Done a little bit on the helo, finished riveting and scribing gave it a prime to see what it was like ,and rubbed the rivets down a bit with some 1000 grit ,i want them but not too obvious, also built up the engine ready for a bit of detailing

20170220_202551_zps0br7bark.jpg

Also ive cut out the rotor deck to lower it down more 

20170220_202436_zpsv81cwxnv.jpg

And built the deck and a rib

20170220_221600_zpsiutrrzwr.jpg

Also glued the footholds behind the openings

20170220_221706_zpsfxj0qyf5.jpg

Cheers,

Glynn

• Like 3

I think scimitar is referring to this, top left,

IMG_20170251_110615

How wierd is that?

Just been exchanging about the DH Venom wooden fuselage, and Irish AF examples. So I took a pic of these stamps and pasted it on.

Now I find this!

Go Irish Hewy!

And the deadline is St Patrick's Day...!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hewy said:

No martian ,theres not that many,is there?

Glynn

You don't seriously think I am going to count them do you? Just thought you might be EXFAAWFU junior!

Martian

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

I think scimitar is referring to this, top left,

IMG_20170251_110615

How wierd is that?

Just been exchanging about the DH Venom wooden fuselage, and Irish AF examples. So I took a pic of these stamps and pasted it on.

Now I find this!

Go Irish Hewy!

And the deadline is St Patrick's Day...!

Im not doing an  irish alouettte that is unless i get hold of some decals cheap,nice scheme though, no ive only got the gendarmerie decals

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

You don't seriously think I am going to count them do you? Just thought you might be EXFAAWFU junior!

Martian

Nobody counts rivets on 1/72 anymore do they ,I'll come clean who or what is exwaafu ,sorry for my ignorance. 

Glynn

6 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Nobody counts rivets on 1/72 anymore do they ,I'll come clean who or what is exwaafu ,sorry for my ignorance. 

Glynn

AKA Crisp. He's building the 1/48 Sea King.

Martian

• Like 1

A little update ,i realised that the whole build hangs on the front 2 doors and the side sliding doors being open,so i bit the bullet held my breath and started cutting,well scribing with the back of an exacto blade, success,  it went well, also I've done a bit to the rotor shaft increasing its length so it fits into the dropped engine deck fitted the drive shaft ,the foot controls in the cockpit and the rear engine support

20170228_175433_zpsgzioculm.jpg

A little bit of left over pe on the rotor housing, and the doors separated, 

20170228_175530_zps4mp2s9ue.jpg

And a check to see if it marries up,all good ,

20170228_180818_zps1jkw4lyq.jpg

Cheers

Glynn

• Like 5