Bandai's Baby Falcon

A little bit of fun, plus a challenge from my daughter.  This is a great little kit, approx. 1:350 scale but the detail and fit is fantastic.

Mini7_zpsngtrxjh0.jpg

And a Vallejo bottle for size comparison!

Mini5_zps21m4inte.jpg

The challenge won't surprise you!!  "Dad, bet you can't light it!"  Well I'm always up for a challenge!!

Mini1_zpss0r6ha73.jpg

Mini2_zpsuthevkih.jpg

Mini4_zpsv8fvpzqd.jpg

There is a fair amount of light spill and I should have light blocked the inside first but it was just a bit of fun!

For those interested the engines are 3 0805 blue SMDs with a thin piece of plasticard and the mandible lights are 0.25mm fibre guides on a white 0805.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

A little bit of fun, plus a challenge from my daughter.  This is a great little kit, approx. 1:350 scale but the detail and fit is fantastic.

Mini7_zpsngtrxjh0.jpg

And a Vallejo bottle for size comparison!

Mini5_zps21m4inte.jpg

The challenge won't surprise you!!  "Dad, bet you can't light it!"  Well I'm always up for a challenge!!

Mini1_zpss0r6ha73.jpg

Mini2_zpsuthevkih.jpg

Mini4_zpsv8fvpzqd.jpg

There is a fair amount of light spill and I should have light blocked the inside first but it was just a bit of fun!

For those interested the engines are 3 0805 blue SMDs with a thin piece of plasticard and the mandible lights are 0.25mm fibre guides on a white 0805.

Cheers,

Warren

That is just amazing! I'm contemplating lighting a kit in my stash (Viper Mk II) but would not know where to start. I need to do a lot of reading. I cannot believe you have managed to squeeze lighting into a kit so small. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...