Tamiya 1/35 Chieftain.

Hi folk's built for the Nato v Warsaw pact GB and finished today,Tamiya's old kit scrubs up well despite it's age in fact for build and 

quality is hard to beat by newer tooling's of armour apologies to any ex squaddies for any mistakes kit OOB with home made

tarp from kitchen towel,many thank's for looking in.

DSCN4674_zpslbvsghza.jpg

DSCN4672_zps9oeeowsr.jpg

DSCN4654_zpsapdbsuuy.jpg

DSCN4667_zpsaqupvi8u.jpg

DSCN4673_zpscdkto9uw.jpg

DSCN4668_zpswxny2mg7.jpg

DSCN4675_zpsbfn9gxcl.jpg

DSCN4658_zpsit3sq3hx.jpg

DSCN4656_zpsv1tlgw1j.jpg

DSCN4657_zpsugqtgl1o.jpg

DSCN4660_zpslqx09isx.jpg

DSCN4659_zpsesmbnyxd.jpg

DSCN4665_zpsbuveptl0.jpg

• Like 26

Hi Steve.

That's a great looking Chieftain you've made there.

I built this kit back in the late 70's and it was a delight. Since returning to model-making I decided to limit myself to WWII AFVs only, but your Chieftain and others on BM have really tempted me to make an exception.

It would have been nice to see some figures. I seem to remember that the kit I built came with some rather nice ones... but I may be mistaken.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve.

That's a great looking Chieftain you've made there.

I built this kit back in the late 70's and it was a delight. Since returning to model-making I decided to limit myself to WWII AFVs only, but your Chieftain and others on BM have really tempted me to make an exception.

It would have been nice to see some figures. I seem to remember that the kit I built came with some rather nice ones... but I may be mistaken.

Rearguards,

Badder

Many thank's Badder,yes figures are included with the kit but I'm not the best figure painter,I will use them to practice on though!

• Like 1

Still scrubs up well after all these years. Twas the first 1/35 AFV I built in 89. The NAAFI in HMS Drake had one in. My weathering though consisted of splashing brown paint in unconvincing streaks all over it

• Like 1