1/72 Martin Baker Mk. H5 Ejection Seats

Blackfordhibby

Good evening folks

does anyone know if any company markets 1/72 Martin Baker Mk. H5 Ejection Seats nowadays ? Have been hunting around for a wee while now and drawn a blank. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think that possibly Aeroclub did a white metal version, back in the day.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by pmackinnon2004
Gibberish
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, martinBK said:

Yes, Aeroclub made MK5 but it was in those "no-resin-yet-old-days". They are rather crude.

If Pavla or Quickboost could do something....

Thought so! was pretty sure I had a couple. They may have been crude by today's standards but it was the only game in town. When True Details and Verlinden came along, it was a wee bit of an eye opener. Could well be having to try a scratchbuild job.

Peter

2 hours ago, davepb said:

They were a godsend to those with sausage fingers, and they did help to prevent tail-sitters!!!:P

Afternoon Dave

Well there was always that I suppose? Back then (70s/80s) I think most were happy to have some sort of semblance of the real thing. There was in those days, an Ejection Seat SIG of which i was a member. They produced a booklet maybe 4 - 6 A4 pages folded in half with line drawings and or photocopied pictures. These booklets were a mine of information before the Internet.  Strangely enough If I remember correctly they were produced by a Lighthouse Keeper based at Girdleness went by the name of Charlie Reid. Wish I had hung on to those wee books but I stopped doing kits and got rid of everything. Came back again and now playing catch up.

Cheers

Peter