Crowood's British Experimental Turbojet Aircraft by Barry Jones

Space Ranger

In addition toĀ Chally's info .Ā Crowood are very good, they don't publishĀ sub standardĀ books, that I'm aware of. It should be a good book then.

Well written short histories, technical data, plenty of good photo's, and 3 view colour profiles of most of the approx 40Ā  aircraft covered. Good value at the cover price and well worth it for the Ā£15 deliverd ist seems to be going for from independant booksellers up a certain brazilian river.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Is this a good book? i don't have any books published by Crowood and I am unfamiliar with the author.

Hi Michael

Ā 

the modeller's book on the subject isĀ 

419weAhyAML._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

British Experimental Jet Aircraft Ā Barrie Hygate (Author)

as your in the US,Ā 

https://www.amazon.com/British-Experimental-Aircraft-Barrie-Hygate/dp/1854860100/

Ā 

this has scale plans by the author Ā of all the types listed,plus photos and good descritioons.

Ā 

Ā It does turn up cheaper, bear in mind it was a Ā£30 book when originally published in 1990!Ā 

Ā 

I've not seen Barry Jones book, but have been tempted by it...

Ā 

HTH

T

The Barry Jones book is nice. Ā I got a paperback version for a tenner from a local cheapie bookshop. Ā Then I got an as new hardback version in a charity shop so passed the p/b one on. Ā It's nicely written and has good number of photos and colour 3-views.

Thanks for the replies and recommendations. An ebay seller had a new paperback copy of the Jones book for $20 and free shipping, so I sprang for it. The Hygate book I will have to put on my wish list for the time being.