Airfix 1/24 Mosquito FB VI - Cockpit Floor?

RobinB

Question for the Mossie afficionados!

What colour was the cockpit floor of a Mosquito FB VI?

I am slowly putting the Airfix 1/24 kit together (the later A version) and am about to paint the initial cockpit construction.  Very few real aircraft photos are colour and even fewer actually show the floor.  Now, the Airfix instructions show Humbrol 53 which is metallic gunmetal, but all the work in progress model pictures I have seen, both on here and elsewhere, seem to have finished it in weathered cockpit green.

Answers on a postcard please!

• Like 1

I refer to Airfix instruction panel 5 which seems to show colour 78 (Cockpit Green) for the three small panels but 53 for the main floor panel upper surface along with 98 for the control column base cover.  53 is Humbrol Metallic Gunmetal.

Thanks.

The only colour picture I have found which shows anything of the cockpit floor is of KA114 in its restored state.  That appears to have had a rather fetching brown carpet fitted!!

Perhaps a visit to nearby Cosford and see if I can twist their arms to let me have a peek inside theirs.  But again, this is a restored museum piece which is not in its original exterior colours having been painted to look like the one Gibson flew for his last flight.

there are a load of pics of what looks like an unrestored T.III posted here

8.jpg

note also the  green leather seat and control sticks base  covers.   Lots more pics in link

Others may know more,  there were pics of an unrestored  FB.VI in NZ floating about.

HTH

T

• Thanks 1