Vampire T.11 (Airfix, 1/72)

Sabre_days

Here's my entry for the GB (or at least my first one, we'll see how time works out): Airfix's 1:72 Vampire T.11. Going straight from the box on this one, with the kit markings for the machine operated by the Vampire Preservation Group, since I bought this copy of the kit from the VPG (along with a Pilot's Notes reprint) almost exactly four years ago, not too long after it came out.

Obligatory sprue pic: I did apply a base coat to the cockpit a while back, but will be painting over it anyway.

Vampire%20T11%201_zpsujwf0ukv.jpg

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 5

Great little kit sabre days and look forward to seeing how yours turns out i recently finished mine in the same finish.

20170129_215955_zpsp87flolq.jpg

If your building with the canopy open i would recommend adding some ejector handles in the seat and some seatbelts.

20170129_215915_zpsvsykp0i5.jpg

The only fitment issue is the join along the top edge of the wing and fuselage but im sure you will master it.

Best of luck ill be following along for the ride.  😊😊

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I've been chipping away at the cockpit painting for this one a little bit here and there since the GB began, a little sidetracked at times by other builds, but I finally got around to finishing touches and initial assembly today. Seatbelts are my usual Tamiya tape scratch efforts. I ended up using Tamiya XF-60 Dark Yellow and XF-18 Medium Blue for the fleece seat cushions and blue harnesses WZ507 currently sports, both of which are probably a bit dull compared to the actual colours, but I think the look I got is better than if I'd used XF-15 Flat Flesh and X-14 Sky Blue...

Vampire%20T11%202_zpsw6bigkcx.jpg

Vampire%20T11%203_zps54dnzj3k.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...