Any Current Or Former Leopard 2 Crewmen Here?

Sgt.Squarehead

Apparently the 'head-choppers' have allegedly recently captured a number of Turkish Leopard 2A4 intact:

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/claims-capture-two-tanks-after-killing-70-turkish-troops-syria-845385252

How long might such a thing reasonably remain operable in the hands of crews unfamiliar with the type.....How easy would it actually be for these loonies to use one in anger?  :shrug:

Yup, I'd definitely expect these to attract an SDB or similar in the near future, but I was wondering how easy they are to use/maintain, compared to say, a T-55.....I suspect the answer is 'not very', but I'd be interested to hear from the horse's mouth so to speak.  :coolio:

The Leopard will have a manual fire control system same as other MBTs just in case the computer system fails , so if the new crew know how to use a similar  type of fire control it shouldn't be too hard

My old boss was a former Leopard commander and he told me that he and the gunner had to conversant on both systems

Some T72s have being used by Syrian rebels and I imagine that perhaps some tank trained men will have joined ISIS

If they can utilise the advantages of having tanks is a other matter  apart from giving the anti tank troops something to fire at

:penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 2

I would imagine the power train and systems would take more maintenance than the older russian tanks they have,

If they do manage to use these I would suspect they would be high on any allied aircraft target lists.