Ooooh it's a Eurofighter Typhoon 1/72 relax it's nearly spring build.

Thanks everyone. It's been Super busy at work as we're coming to the end of a project so Plastic time has been limited.

i sat down for five minutes tonight and looked at this.

8391836D-7690-4791-9D58-BF2096E06F66_zpshvt6in9c

:o so so many. :blink2: so I started by adding the shield to the tail only to realise that I'd missed off some lines on the tail and wings that need painting, so with a sight out came the masking tape.

EDEFE2FF-402F-42CD-B5E5-2C4B75A10B90_zpststu9u6c

as you can see I re purposed the masks from my 109 too. Oh and snapped off the front spiny wing bit.:banghead: so her she is looking a bit sorry for her self.

5B3F2B23-686E-4EB5-834B-82D6BE54C59E_zps887tnsxa

it looks like the instructions want you to paint the leading edges lighter grey but all the pics I find have darker or none at all?

oh I don't know. I'll leave it for now and hit it fresh come the weekend.

thanks for stopping by, sorry there's not more to show.

All the best and as always.

Happy Modelling.

Johnny mask.:blink2:

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 10

That decal sheet looks as big as the 1/48 sheet! Just to make things interesting Revell have numbered the decals with the wrong numbers on the 1/48 sheet - it was easy to spot, as I didn't think the centre console should read 'no-step'....

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, andymoore said:

That decal sheet looks as big as the 1/48 sheet! Just to make things interesting Revell have numbered the decals with the wrong numbers on the 1/48 sheet - it was easy to spot, as I didn't think the centre console should read 'no-step'....

Ha! Yes I noticed that, the IPs were numbered wrong at the start. Sheesh. :banghead: roll on the weekend.

John.:pilot:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

it looks like the instructions want you to paint the leading edges lighter grey but all the pics I find have darker or none at all?

I read somewhere on here that some areas are unpainted (radome, leading edges etc) so they presumably weather from light to dark? Pick an age and a handy colour!

Good luck with the stencils. :) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CedB said:

I read somewhere on here that some areas are unpainted (radome, leading edges etc) so they presumably weather from light to dark? Pick an age and a handy colour!

Good luck with the stencils. :) 

Ahh thanks for the hint. ;) just gave the front swivel bit a tad more TET. Let that dry overnight.:pilot:

Jont.

• Like 1

It does look resplendent in those lovely stripes Johnny :thumbsup2: .

Tape calmed down by using the back of the hand... duly noted, thank you for that tip :). There are some Hawker Tempests in my future and that will help with stripeyness.

The decal sheet looks both superb and terrifying at the same time :door: 

I see Danish and Spanish markings on there..I may have to get this kit. Did I read somewhere that there's a 'new tool' out? I thought this was the new tool?

Maybe there's a new new tool :confused: ?

Tooldoloo for now,

TonyT

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leonl said:

Is there enough room on it for all those stencils?? 

Good point! :D  But I think you have like 5 different versions on that sheet, so not everything has to be put on the model

Ciao

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, giemme said:

Good point! :D  But I think you have like 5 different versions on that sheet, so not everything has to be put on the model

I guess you're correct but all the same it still looks a bit intimidating!

Nearly as bad as the stencils on a Phantom and Harrier... or could there be more?? Surely not!!!

• Like 1

Hello Spad,

Very nice job, really nice job on the stripes, Congrats !

Just let me know, is this a signed photos of Mr Marty Feldman on the background ??

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad,

Very nice job, really nice job on the stripes, Congrats !

Just let me know, is this a signed photos of Mr Marty Feldman on the background ??

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks. :D

Do you mean on my wall? The guy with the hat is Tom Baker, from off the Dr Who.

Johnny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonl said:

Nearly as bad as the stencils on a Phantom and Harrier... or could there be more?? Surely not!!!

F-4J has definitely more stencils than any other aircraft kit I've ever built :frantic:  Harrier and F-4C were a piece of cake, in comparison!

Ciao

• Like 3

Not a good plan to only check WIPs every few days... Too much happens, even with BMers who claim they hardly have any time for modelling.

Re-the stripes, I shall eat humble pie and admit I was possibly hasty (did I say wrong?), because they look rather tasty!!!!

Have a lot of fun with the decals....

JR

• Like 1