Ooooh it's a Eurofighter Typhoon 1/72 relax it's nearly spring build.

Watched this one quiet for a while. I just would like to know: Which is scaled to which? Was the 1:72 first and scaled up or the 1:48 in a new mould or this one scaled down or the old 1:72 before by another manufactor? Nevertheless this looks great and will be finished soon. I would go with a somewhat "what if" scheme of some Grönland independence force in an arctic viper scheme and a polar bear in some insignia. Cheers

Edit: PS. Sorry  I just thought you would like to do this in a BoB scheme, which I don't like at all on this plane. A typical one to be in grey in all kinds, but not in brown or green.(for me)

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

Coming on nicely. I have one half built I really must try and finish off. It's been languishing on the shelf of doom because I thought I might be able to fit the burner cans in after closing up the fuselage but it turns out you can't and I had to resort to butchery to get them to fit! It's edging closer to the painting stage now. Just got to reinstate the panel lines I lost in sanding.

Look forward to seeing this build progress further.

Mark

• Like 1

Progressing very fast, John! :clap: 

Thanks for the heads up on fitting the exhaust cans; did you feel that shaving their housing would have been much harder than shaving the cans themselves?

Ciao

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CedB said:

Nice work Johnny, those pipes look good - which Vallejo did you use?

Looking forward to the clamps coming off tomorrow :) 

Thanks Ced. 

It's. http://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/77-702-32ml-metal-color-duraluminium-vallejo.html

I used it on the vampire but didn't spray black. Honestly gloss black beforehand is the way. :D

18 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I really can't believe how quickly this is going :o!! It's a speed build!

Nice work on getting the cans in Johnny, that looked a bit tricky. Also a nice touch with the blocking plate to prevent see through. So many models, especially jets, are like this, they don't look right if one can see through.

It will be paint soon at this rate!

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Thanks Tony. This is my first jet I had to block off. I can't believe it's a thing. :huh:

it's not a speed build I think 1/72s go faster than 1/24s it's the way of things. :rambo:

18 hours ago, bbudde said:

Watched this one quiet for a while. I just would like to know: Which is scaled to which? Was the 1:72 first and scaled up or the 1:48 in a new mould or this one scaled down or the old 1:72 before by another manufactor? Nevertheless this looks great and will be finished soon. I would go with a somewhat "what if" scheme of some Grönland independence force in an arctic viper scheme and a polar bear in some insignia. Cheers

Edit: PS. Sorry  I just thought you would like to do this in a BoB scheme, which I don't like at all on this plane. A typical one to be in grey in all kinds, but not in brown or green.(for me)

I'm not sure but I think it might be a scaled down version of an old kit, Italari maybe? I really like the BoB look but @CedB did that and I didn't want to steal his thunder. I'm happy though as I really want to do a clean ish grey jet with clean lines and I don't want to buy new decals.

17 hours ago, FZ6 said:

Coming on nicely. I have one half built I really must try and finish off. It's been languishing on the shelf of doom because I thought I might be able to fit the burner cans in after closing up the fuselage but it turns out you can't and I had to resort to butchery to get them to fit! It's edging closer to the painting stage now. Just got to reinstate the panel lines I lost in sanding.

Look forward to seeing this build progress further.

Mark

Cans.... fit...... afterwards.... not.....:huh: aaarrrggghhhhh....

nahhhh don't worry I checked and they fit after.... let's just say some work. You should re start them. Great fun. 

10 hours ago, giemme said:

Progressing very fast, John! :clap: 

Thanks for the heads up on fitting the exhaust cans; did you feel that shaving their housing would have been much harder than shaving the cans themselves?

Ciao

Thank you. And funny you should say that, I actually have ended up cutting the hell out of both tho fit into the fuselage and to fit the cans into the base. Well you live and learn. :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I really like the BoB look but @CedB did that and I didn't want to steal his thunder.

Don't worry about me Johnny - mine wasn't the first so it shouldn't be the last! :) 

• Like 1

Knowing The Spadgent's love for custard, I wonder if these pictures help? 

Somebody will know a lot about this (I know naaatheeng Mr. Fawlty), but it looks like they come off the production line quite yellow.

The last pic is one of the first two delivered to The Oman, the centre one - maybe German?

Yellow Eurofighters

Yellow Eurofighters

Yellow Eurofighters

All the best

TonyT

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, CedB said:

Don't worry about me Johnny - mine wasn't the first so it shouldn't be the last! :) 

I know, I know. But I'm following your build for this so I should make it a little different.:D

34 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

He'll paint it yellow Ced. He always does.:lol:

Not always...... oh wait what's this...

11 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Knowing The Spadgent's love for custard, I wonder if these pictures help? 

Somebody will know a lot about this (I know naaatheeng Mr. Fawlty), but it looks like they come off the production line quite yellow.

The last pic is one of the first two delivered to The Oman, the centre one - maybe German?

Yellow Eurofighters

Yellow Eurofighters

Yellow Eurofighters

All the best

TonyT

Oh my word! I might be tempted. :o

• Like 4

Good evening Johnny,

it is becoming a bit repetitive to go out for a minute and come back to an almost finished model... And the smaller, the faster, so thank God for poorly fitting burner cans. That allows me to catch up.

I am actually really interested in your take of the Revell kit, as I really want to do a Luftwaffe one.

Great show!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I know, I know. But I'm following your build for this so I should make it a little different.:D

Not always...... oh wait what's this...

Oh my word! I might be tempted. :o

Also you wouldn't need to by any transfers for the top one..... just saying

Rob

• Like 2

Wow, it's a Typhoon already! Thanks for the Vallejo Duraluminum over gloss black recommendation.

I have a stalled Revell Typhoon on the shelf that stares at me accusingly from time to time. The seat is already glued in, and probably too tall. It's nice of you and Ced to lead the way, maybe I'll be able to finish it after all (in whif Oregon ANG markings).

• Like 2

Thanks guys for all the lovely comments.:innocent: Those D-Day stripes look amazing. It's been a few days since I have had any time to plastic. Life once again trumps plastic, as well it should. :lol:

I did manage a little bit this afternoon.

CCB08DDB-37F2-4C5A-8CE8-15FE0AD601C7_zpspmhaakid

the wing side things got added and everything got masked.

1053BA26-C5CC-4C03-A02B-2F082499B286_zpsotxnuzm8

All sanded and ready for...

F7900707-4848-41F4-885E-46CB606982E5_zpsvs9n9lmy

no not quite I have to re-instate panel lines.:doh:

EDFAE637-3C03-48A0-AD14-D2858F374F6E_zps2pusiew3

right now I can try out another new thing I want to try.

Mr S mixed up and airbrushed to smooth out any lumpy bumpy.:rambo:

9EBDA17A-551D-4C71-9EFC-40FC120B62F0_zpsesdmqg8w

C83B7FC8-B229-47C8-AD51-A7821134A68E_zpsigw6ta51

hmmmmm not bad, it clogged the cheap Chinese airbrush a bit but it really helped smooth everything out. Just a little micro mesh and she's ready for pre-shade.

I might get a little more time later but I'm going to have a look to see what you guys have been up to on here for the last few days.

take care and thanks for stopping by.

Happy

moddeling and hope you are all having a nice weekend,

Johnny.:rambo:

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 10

Good evening folks. A little more done tonight. Some little bits got added.

0F3D88A3-78CC-4E86-B92A-CDA024502191_zpsswmbc8n2

and the most stupid part award goes to these. :huh:

AD0657FD-B327-4461-9B1E-877D1B366243_zpsrigtes1l

Well there you are. Bonkerers.:blink:

Next up undercarriage. 

08E51CA6-87B0-4BB8-9F0F-E57592587B6B_zpsqimstmcr

no wonder @CedB did it wheels up.:christmas:

actually they're not too bad, here are the bits, glued,sanded and ready for primer.

24AEAE37-335F-4A05-A586-FA171A0A3C43_zpss3bhze49

Next the nasty seam up the middle of the canopy got a good sanding. 

408DB7C5-E72C-41B6-A67E-C3951A63CB70_zpsep5rllwb

along with me sliding the blade into my finger it got sorted.

B708DDA7-4D11-4562-A916-C3D6483A51F6_zpsu6wjirpr

I did the front canopy too, popped them in klear and stored in a Tupperware box to set. Wish for shiny. :pray:

Oh and look what I found in the LMS bargain pile.

E7860150-B251-470C-A10B-CCB411CDAAD7_zpsrjzsgnco

had to have it didn't I.:giles: £7.50 ace!

Anyway back to the tiffy.

Look at this bit.

8187F43C-BC98-4DBA-9758-0F9C236EDE52_zpsbgnclujh

Flash and extra plastic tastic! :yikes: bit of a nightmare but it got cut and sanded and whittled.

8D207001-578D-44E0-8DD4-94CAF1D8F0D7_zpscs6sfooc

there she is, right in the middle. Needs a dry fit.

BD883D4C-AA78-4BAB-A6C9-FE2CAE55F601_zpshnugodom

3A5D5A0A-35D5-46C7-ABF0-B5E53B6C6BA7_zpsrhgqo9zf

Dandy. :winkgrin: needs a good ol' polish and some paint but it's Broardchurch tonight so I gotta dash.

thanks for popping around.

Hope you're enjoying the build.

Happy Modelling.

Johnny.

Oh before I go, I don't have the decals to do the yellow one I want but those D-Day striped tiffy looks ace. Can I just add them to the scheme I'm choosing?

Thanks for any advice.

take care all. :rambo:

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 14