Revell 1/24 - AUDI A4 DTM 2009

Hello,

Finally I had some time to finish anything. This time I was working on a car. Quite a nice kit to build, straight forward with good fit. But as usual I had some problems on the way. Starting with lack of instructions on how to paint the interior, aluminium roof was a bit of a pain, I couldn't achieve smooth surface, tried Mr. color metal paints, AK true Metal wax, finally used old good Alclad2. I thought, that will be my try with high gloss Halfords laquers, Audi real colour. But then, I looked in the instructions, and bang - this car has a satin finish.. I used it anyway and to be honest it looks way better satin than gloss. Some parts were meant to be gloss, like chassis. I guess that's because they used the same chassis for different variants on the track. Decals were a dream to work with, no big issues with the kit. Pictures:

717-zm7wjI3MnRxeWd4DAofFrv1INu5RD4PRkEJm

PMXVrpYS2w5rc5E80EiYH0w_MprbjIRw_tUIT9dB

kHZ4YewsGtPbzDcPwGUWSaudorKKe583lWs7jFBg

DLmwZMNEdLuVwj-gU_OFFiestFkbDq5A4z38-pks

c3yiV3qmRcT4RFzxs5Q_PFAcJRue8oYIqHrgyqC4

LASr9gyPJtQYdGTb2rt_ZxOLBHgexj6s5In7Fq4-

_P1ctvLJEEmFSr18lMvaM3FV1pSvaSbit32cjqpf

jPCADFrhxvfeJ9TBZANxixEeqzbzzjqesju7cRXf

xai2_2BUG9qUdK2eb82ToXaV2AVN5LKt3_kPAsvd

Now back to tanks:)

Thanks,
Bart

• Like 1

Lovely job there Bart.

It's a lot of black isn't it? Found that a bit depressing when I did mine so had to find as many finishes as possible to break it up a little. Did you use the kit supplied "carbon" decal on the rear wing and refuelling receptacle?

Cheers

Rick

2 hours ago, Spad said:

Lovely job there Bart.

It's a lot of black isn't it? Found that a bit depressing when I did mine so had to find as many finishes as possible to break it up a little. Did you use the kit supplied "carbon" decal on the rear wing and refuelling receptacle?

Cheers

Rick

I've seen yours and found it quite funny to have two the same kits on the forum pretty much at the same time.

Black didn't scare me. Just ate a cat in the meanwhile with Black Sabbath in the background. :)

Yeah, I used the kit decals, pretty hard to apply once you've put everything together, but thankfully Set & Sol came with the rescue.